Spot FX data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot FX data?

I'm using NT for futures trading only but I'm interested in checking out the spot FX capabilities so I have a few questions:

1) I have a few FX pairs in Instrument Manager by default. I'm able to chart these pairs but the charts don't update w/a live feed. They're only current up through the time that I opened the chart.

The tick data seems to work well with my algorithms and I'd like to see more of it. What is the source of this data? I'm using TTFIX and IQFeed but I have no idea if I'm getting a spot FX data feed from either of these firms somehow.

2) Can I use the same NT platform to trade both spot FX and futures?

3) My understanding is that NT is only offering FX trading via Gain. However, I've spoken to Hotspot and they've said that they're close to a deal with NT. Is that true and how far off is that? Is NT also going to continue to offer Gain? After asking Hotspot about their data feed offering for retail customers it sounds like Gain will be the better way to go for those using tick data.

-Lou

Hello Lou,

You retrieve forex data from IQFeed, since TT does not support forex data as you can see at the link below.

The link will also display what data feeds support forex data. You can trade forex with Gain, MBTrading, Interactive Brokers and PFG.

It is possible to trade both forex and futures using the same instance of NinjaTrader providing you receive data for both and are authorized with your broker to trade these instruments.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hotspot deal

Thx Jason. What about Hotspot? They've said the deal is imminent.

One major problem I have w/what Hotspot said they plan to offer through NT:
      1) NT users will have access to the Hotspot retail-only feed through Zen-Fire.
      2) Hotspot does not offer historical data for their retail feed. Also, their retail feed doesn't include Time & Sales data.
      3) However, if you're a retail customer and you trade directly through Hotspot, then you can execute on the institutional platform. The big difference is that this is where all of the activity is and this feed has extensive history available, including both historical and real-time T&S data.

4) So, the problem is that if you use need tick data there's no point on acessing Hotspot through NT. I only mention this b/c I'd like to see NT cut a better deal for retail traders w/Hotspot. [FWIW, TT recently broke off their relationship w/Hotspot and is working w/EBS instead.]

-Lou
      Last edited by bluelou; 09-19-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thank you for your input. I will forward this to our development department.

I cannot comment on the status of this situation except to say we are communication with them.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, thanks Ben. Please lobby for access to their institutional feed. I'd really like to use Hotspot FXi (institutional) w/NT rather than having to program to their API.

-Lou

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post RubenCazorla  
          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
          2 responses