Issues upgrading NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues upgrading NT7

I am downloading NT7 to upgrade to the newest version and I get the error message "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" . It never happened to me.

I am using Windows 2008 R2 Server with the latest update installed.

I am unable to recreate this issue when downloading the NinjaTrader installer from our website. If you clear your browser's cache then attempt the download again, does the issue persist?

Comment

I followed your instrucions and now I am getting a "Failed to download ninjatrader" error.

Comment

This is typically caused by a firewall or other program on your PC blocking the NinjaTrader installer. If you're unable to resolve the issue on your PC, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may provide you with a direct download link. Make sure to include a link to this forum post and '2073948 ATTN Patrick G' if you write in.

Comment

I have no firewalls in front of my VPS. It's the first time it happens and I thinks this is more realted with the latest Win 2008 updates.

It seems I am not the only one to suffer this issue:

etc.

In my case I solved it installing the NT7 upgrade in another computer and pasting the resulting installed files in the win 2008 computer. It works.

Actually, I expected that after installing the upgrade an error would have been solved but it is still there. I detail it to see if you have an solution: When trying to add a stock to a list in instrument manager I get the error "you must select an expiry". It seems that NT is treating a security as a future contract or similar. I attach a screenshot

Comment

I would not recommend the work-around you found. Please follow my instructions to write in so we may get you the installer. To complete a NinjaTrader 7 update, you need to install the latest version and reset your instruments.

Here is what a correct and complete NinjaTrader 7 update would require (if it was working on your PC):

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
            • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            • Enter your license key and press Submit
            • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
            • Select 'Download'
            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
            Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post traderqz