• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issues upgrading NT7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues upgrading NT7

I am downloading NT7 to upgrade to the newest version and I get the error message "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" . It never happened to me.

I am using Windows 2008 R2 Server with the latest update installed.

I am unable to recreate this issue when downloading the NinjaTrader installer from our website. If you clear your browser's cache then attempt the download again, does the issue persist?
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed your instrucions and now I am getting a "Failed to download ninjatrader" error.

Comment

This is typically caused by a firewall or other program on your PC blocking the NinjaTrader installer. If you're unable to resolve the issue on your PC, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may provide you with a direct download link. Make sure to include a link to this forum post and '2073948 ATTN Patrick G' if you write in.

Comment

I have no firewalls in front of my VPS. It's the first time it happens and I thinks this is more realted with the latest Win 2008 updates.

It seems I am not the only one to suffer this issue:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rsion?t=106408

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...jatrader/page4

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...emove?t=106056

etc.

In my case I solved it installing the NT7 upgrade in another computer and pasting the resulting installed files in the win 2008 computer. It works.

Actually, I expected that after installing the upgrade an error would have been solved but it is still there. I detail it to see if you have an solution: When trying to add a stock to a list in instrument manager I get the error "you must select an expiry". It seems that NT is treating a security as a future contract or similar. I attach a screenshot

Comment

I would not recommend the work-around you found. Please follow my instructions to write in so we may get you the installer. To complete a NinjaTrader 7 update, you need to install the latest version and reset your instruments.

Here is what a correct and complete NinjaTrader 7 update would require (if it was working on your PC):

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
            • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            • Enter your license key and press Submit
            • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
            • Select 'Download'
            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
            Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by guidoisot, Today, 01:11 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
            Started by martyn73, Today, 12:26 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes