Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Just downloaded NT8 where can I get some historical forex data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just downloaded NT8 where can I get some historical forex data?

Looking to view around 5 years of historical forex data for USDCHF where can I get this information to load into Ninja?

Thx

You would need to connect to a data provider that supplied the historical data you desire from their servers, or you would need to import the data into NinjaTrader from another source. Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Additionally, data is typically available for more or less time historically depending on the root data type - day, minute, or tick. (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      You would need to connect to a data provider that supplied the historical data you desire from their servers, or you would need to import the data into NinjaTrader from another source. Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Additionally, data is typically available for more or less time historically depending on the root data type - day, minute, or tick. (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
      Hi, I am not connected to a provider as I don't have a live account with ninjatrader, I have found that most providers data does not go back into history for my required time frame, which let's just say is tick data and/or 30 minute data at the maximum.

I tried importing the data using a software called tickstory, but I am getting a format error in the log, trying to avoid headache I am seeking other easier alternatives where I can source the data.

Comment

Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

The FXCM data feed uses NinjaTrader's historical data feeds by default which provides this amount of historical data based on type:
        • Tick data: 1 year is maintained
        • Minute data: virtually never deleted, forex goes back to late 2008
        • Daily data: virtually never deleted, goes back to 2009 (forex back very far but varies per instrument)
        Beyond the limitation of the historical data feed, your chart controls how much data appears with it's "Days to load" property. This can be adjusted when configuring a new chart, or can be edited on an existing chart by right-clicking on your chart > Data series > Change 'days to load' as you desire > OK. Visit the link below to learn more about charting:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...price_data.htm

Importing historical data needs to be in a very specific format to work. The help guide link below will provide all the details you need to import historical data manually:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../importing.htm

Comment

Not sure if these links help

https://www.backtestmarket.com/how-t...n-ninjatrader/ Ninjatrader Native Historical Data & Market Replay Data

http://www.backtestdata.com/

Comment

Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

The FXCM data feed uses NinjaTrader's historical data feeds by default which provides this amount of historical data based on type:
            • Tick data: 1 year is maintained
            • Minute data: virtually never deleted, forex goes back to late 2008
            • Daily data: virtually never deleted, goes back to 2009 (forex back very far but varies per instrument)
            Beyond the limitation of the historical data feed, your chart controls how much data appears with it's "Days to load" property. This can be adjusted when configuring a new chart, or can be edited on an existing chart by right-clicking on your chart > Data series > Change 'days to load' as you desire > OK. Visit the link below to learn more about charting:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...price_data.htm

Importing historical data needs to be in a very specific format to work. The help guide link below will provide all the details you need to import historical data manually:

Cheers mate, I'm on the demo with FXCM and going good, the person who developed your charting vertical price scale is a genius.

Comment

We do not maintain a list of historical data providers, however, here is a link with more information about importing historical data into NinjaTrader:

If data is formatted in this way, it should be functional with NinjaTrader.

Comment

We do not maintain a list of historical data providers, however, here is a link with more information about importing historical data into NinjaTrader:

If data is formatted in this way, it should be functional with NinjaTrader.

Ok thanks, I am trying to continue with this, I have read the 5 steps to importing however I am unsure where to source a historical text file for USD/CHF can anyone direct me to a third party place to obtain data please? or advise what to type into search engine.

Update: I have a text file.

I have attempted importing historical data in .txt format via the data manager tab and have received the "imported successfully" message, however I then proceed to open a chart and the historical data is not loaded..

Any ideas to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Starting new thread as title is unrelated, topic closed.
                Last edited by Revan; 05-20-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elderan