Missing chunk of data in charts during market replay mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing chunk of data in charts during market replay mode

Can I draw out historical charts before the replay start date during market replay mode?

I set ES 03-19 in market replay mode starting in 1 Jan 2019. Then I pull a chart out and set it to start as far back as Jan 2015.

The chart looks fine except that there is a big chunk missing from 17 Aug 2017 till 1 Jan 2019. Tried plotting using other contracts with expiry later than 17 Aug 2017. For some reason, all the plots just stop at 17 Aug 2017.

Then I tried charting out ES 09-17 setting the market replay to start from 17 Aug 2017. And it has no problem playing forward. Any idea what the issue is?

Hello lengguan,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-> Mail to Platform Support in NinjaTrader. Put '2083886, Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

"Can I draw out historical charts before the replay start date during market replay mode?"

Yes, if you download the historical data for the dates before the replay start date.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello lengguan,

Thank you for sending in the requested information.

I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
      • First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
      • Select 'Download'
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
      Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
      • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
      • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
      • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
      Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post z.franck  
      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rtwave