• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issue running NT7 on encrypted hard drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue running NT7 on encrypted hard drive

I just got a new windows 10 laptop and installed NT7. NT7 errors out on start up and the trace file error (attached) gives me this error

2019-02-23 10:09:36:458 This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
    2019-02-23 10:09:36:458 System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

I can't turn off the hard drive encryption (it's work laptop). NT7 ran fine with hard drive encryption on Windows 8

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
    TomP
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-28-2019, 10:42 AM.

Encryption itself is probably not the problem.
    Perhaps the problem is the algorithms chosen for the encryption are (or are not) FIPS compliant?

Study this:
    https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/faqs/FA282064/
    Last edited by bltdavid; 02-24-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Does this occur with a clean install of NinjaTrader on this encrypted drive? We can test with a clean install without actually removing any of your files by following the steps below:
      • Close all running applications.
      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right click on the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 7 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 7' folder if it exists
      • Reboot your machine.
      • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
      • Open NinjaTrader and test for issues
      Does the issue persist?
      Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Patrick - unfortunately, I still get the same error. I not sure what the link above was supposed to correct. When I accessed the link, it just asked me my license key and then took me what appeared to be the same software download site where I picked NT7 and 7.0.1000.40 is the latest release. Any thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by tom1presto View Post
          I just got a new windows 10 laptop and installed NT7. NT7 errors out on start up and the trace file error (attached) gives me this error

2019-02-23 10:09:36:458 This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
          2019-02-23 10:09:36:458 System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

I can't turn off the hard drive encryption (it's work laptop). NT7 ran fine with hard drive encryption on Windows 8

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
          TomP
          Is this an in-company homegrown encryption scheme?

Comment

The main point of the steps was to introduce a completely 'clean' installation of NinjaTrader which has none of your custom files. Please clarify - when you followed the steps in post #3, did you end up with what appeared to be a NinjaTrader without any of your workspaces, custom add-ons, or connections? Or was everything exactly as you had previously had it?

Comment

Patrick - I just did a "vanilla" install both time - just the standard install. My plan was to do a vanilla install on NT7 and then import via my back up files my studies, workspaces, etc..... Thanks for the prompt replies

Comment

If you did completely remove NinjaTrader 7 by manually deleting the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder, then unfortunately it seems like the encryption method in use is not compatible with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 7 is in 'critical maintenance only' status at the moment as we focus all of our development efforts on NinjaTrader 8. It is unlikely that any solution would be implemented into NinjaTrader 7 to address your case. I would suggest that you speak with your work's IT Administrator to see if they can assist in any way with this issue.

Also, I removed the trace file from your original post. Do not share log/trace files in any public place. These files con potentially contain sensitive information.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and deleting the log file. Do you think NT8 might work better with the encryption ?

Comment

I am uncertain as I do not believe we've tested installations on an encrypted drive. I would suggest looking further into what changed between when it was functioning on Windows 8 and now with Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by tom1presto View Post
                      Thanks for the feedback and deleting the log file. Do you think NT8 might work better with the encryption ?
                      I'm super curious as to the answer, so I will politely inquire ...

Did any of the information in post #2 help your situation?

Comment

My external acer laptop hard drive has corrupted and I could not find the reason behind this, can anyone provide me a valid way to fix and recover it?

Comment

Originally posted by lilly909 View Post
                          My external acer laptop hard drive has corrupted and I could not find the reason behind this, can anyone provide me a valid way to fix and recover it?
                          Have you used the native built-in Windows file tools or chkdsk.exe yet?

If you already have, search engines are a fine tool, but only if we use them.

Example search: https://www.google.com/search?client...recovery+tools

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by liltr3d, Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
                          Started by marekflys, Yesterday, 03:07 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB