Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart changing entry position at end of day

Hi,

I have a position entered at 1200 on ES. At the end of the day, after 4:30 EST when things open up again, the entry position line on the chart has moved to 1220. The actual price is above that at 1247.

Is there a reason for the entry line to have moved? I've had this problem a few times now. Looking at the "executions" tab, my order entry is as it should be, at 1200. I called the broker to make sure my entry hadn't actually moved and they said it's something to do with Ninja. It's disconcerting to see that the position looks like it's lost a bunch in 15 minutes.

Anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

Is this after your broker has recycled their servers at the end of the day? If so, here's what happened. When the broker recycles they take off your position to clean their servers. Then when they're done they will put your position back where the market is at that time. Most likely when the market opened it had moved to the current price of 1247.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Yes, this occurs after the broker recycles their servers at the end of the day.

However, the problem is that when the market "re-opens" at 4:30 the price is still at 1247, but my entry has changed from 1200 to 1220. It seems to be a random movement in where my entry was placed.

As I mentioned, the execution window still shows that my entry was at 1200 but for some reason when the market reopens the chart shows that I am entered at 1220. And price is still at 1247. So it's not a matter of price moving up to that level.

Comment

Hi,

Would you mind providing me your log. You can find it under My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20080919

Please send it to support at ninjatrader dot com, refer to this post and put 'For Vince' in the subject header. - Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wisconsinpat  
        Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
        0 responses
        1 view