IMPLODE.DLL was not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPLODE.DLL was not found

I've just installed NT and in trying to connect to my ESignal data feed, I got the message: application failed to start because IMPLODE.DLL was not found' ? I've downloaded and reinstalled the program several times and wonder if this is because I have .NET framework 3.0 installed?

thanks,

HI,

Try re-installing eSignal.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I too am getting this error. I have reinstalled both applications and still get the error. Apparently the two files it cannot find are in the subfolder of NT: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\ESignal\Implode.dll and ... dbcapi.dll

What else can I do?

Comment

Please re-install NinjaTrader.

Uninstall your current version via Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs. You will sabe your settings, since these are located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 and will not be deleted.

Download our latest version at the link below.

Create a new eSignal connection and check if the error persists.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I uninstalled both applications and reinstalled both (using the link you provided to download a fresh copy of NT.) Now, I do not get the IMPLODE error, but I still get the dbcapi.dll error and it doesn't load... I deleted the account connection and recreated it, two times with different names and still cannot get it to load the eSignal data manager.

Any other ideas?

Edit: It DID start the Data Manager (I just didn't see it in the task bar.)

NOW I am getting the implode error again. Strange behavior. The files are there but NT says it cannot find them. This is frustrating!
          Last edited by atangram; 10-27-2008, 06:57 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

It seems to me that the DLLs are not being registered upon install though I get no installation error messages. Is there any way I can register them manually? I really would like to use the eSig data feed with NT if I can. It worked the first time I tried it on the Desktop; I just cannot get them to work together on the laptop.

Comment

I suggest to start fresh with both applications.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader and eSignal via the Windows Control Panel. Search for any eSignal files and delete them as well. Delete the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder under My Documents. Note, you will lose all saved settings and data.

Clear your browser cache.

Re-install both applications.

Create a new connection and check if you can get connected.

Comment

Hi Jason,

OK, I uninstalled both applications via the control panel. I deleted all files related to both applications (and lost settings in the process which is OK since they are backed up). I deleted all folders related to each application. THese files and folders were in Program Files as well as in My Documents. I emptied the browser cache. I deleted all the files in my temp file folder. I rebooted. I reinstalled both applications. I rebooted again. I created a new connection in NT. I still get the error and it still won't load the eSig connection.

Any other thoughts? I am at a loss to understand why it worked perfectly the first time I tried it on my other computer but it won't on this one.

Tom

Comment

Hello Tom,

You could try a system restore to a date before it worked successful if possible.

In addition, please tell me what exact eSignal software you have installed. Do you have the eSignal Data Manager installed?

Comment

Hi Jason,

NT has never been installed on this computer. I am using eSignal's Data Manager version 10.0. The Data Manager works fine.

As I said, NT works great with eSignal's DM on my other computer.

Tom

edit to clarify: NT has been installed and uninstalled several times over the last few weeks; it just has never worked with eSignal DM on this computer which has been installed and operational for a long time now. WinXP Professional was reinstalled fresh in June of this year as was all applications. I am not considering reinstalling WinXP Pro to fix this.
                    Last edited by atangram; 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Can you please provide me the link you used to install eSignal.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm getting the same errors after just having upgraded esignal.

Months ago, I had both NT and esignal on my Vista system working fine. I didn't use esignal for a long time. I had upgraded NT many times since then as new versions were available but wasn't using esignal. Yesterday I connected to esignal for the first time in a long while and it worked fine. Then, to be sure I was running the latest version of esignal, I uninstalled it using control panel,,rebooted and then downloaded latest version using this link -
                        www.esignal.com/download and picking first download package. The file is esignal_10.2.1.exe

I downloaded the file to a directory then rightclicked and said "run as admin" for the installation. (not sure if this was a good idea - I just do this often because so many install instructions say to do it on Vista)

Then, I didn't start any esignal apps - I only tried to connect using NT and that's when I got the errors about it not being able to find implode.dll and then gave the error "failed to load dbcapi.dll". The esignal manager loaded in the background also.

I'm just starting to track it down and will try a few things to see if I can resolve it and get back to you.

Comment

I tested it on my end, but I could not reproduce the error.

I uninstalled eSignal and installed the same version, 10.2.1. However, I did not save the file in a directory, I selected Run. In the installation wizard, I used the default location, C:\-->Program Files-->eSignal. Once eSignal was installed, I was able to get connected.

Try opening the eSignal Data Manager first and log in. Start NinjaTrader and connect to eSignal and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

I was able to get mine working.

I started esignal directly and found it was failing the login. What happened was that when I recently re-established my esignal account they issued me a new usr/pwd and even though I uninstalled esignal and installed the latest version, it was still picking up my old login info from some config file. Keep in mind that when installed esignal it asked me for my usr/pwd and I gave it my new one. But this didn't stop it from trying to use my old one that must have been hanging around somewhere.

Once I updated this in the property page I was able to get esignal to connect. Then went back to NT and deleted the account and recreated it using my new usr/pwd. I then connected to esignal from NT no problem - working fine now.

Comment

Esignal Feed/NT

Hi
                              I am a recent subscriber to Esignal.....I am having the same dbcapi.dll and implode.dll file errors Not found. I have gone so far to buy another hard drive reinstalled windows xp pro and fresh installs of esignal and NT. Same problems....Wondering if you folks have been able to find an updated solution

Cheers Rob

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                              0 responses