Issues with NT7 connected to InteractiveBrokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with NT7 connected to InteractiveBrokers

Hi. I am having two issues with NT7 on the FDAX and MDAX charts, which are the following:

1.- When using FDAX charts, all of them work properly except one: the 15 seconds chart. That chart only shows the price from the moment you open it (for example, if you load the chart at 10:00 in the morning, it only shows from that time, it doesn't show nothing before 10:00).

2.- When I try to open the FDXM chart (miniDax), i get an error message: Error on loading chart data for 'FDXM 03-19 Eurex': Interactive DEMO: Error in requesting historical data from IB.
    I contacted with Interactive Brokers and they told me to check if in their own platform (Trader Workstation) I was getting a similar error, but it works in that platform, so the problem is in NinjaTrader.

How can I solve those problems? Thanks

From the messages you're receiving, I know you're connected to Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers is the root of both of these issues. I'll elaborate below:

1.) Second charts are built from tick data. Interactive Brokers does not provide NinjaTrader with historical tick data. Please see the "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider" section of the link below to understand what data providers supply historical tick data to NinjaTrader:

2.) There is currently a known limitation with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader that only the FDXM or FDAX instrument may be used at one time, and not both at the same time. By default, the FDXM will be disabled. If you would like to use this instead of the FDAX, please use these steps.
    • From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instrument Manager.
    • Search for FDXM.
    • Once found, click FDXM and select "edit".
    • Click on the 'Misc' tab
    • Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and delete the "-disabled" part of this Parameter.
    • Click "OK" to save your changes.
    Once this is done, please disable the FDAX instrument.
    • From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instrument Manager.
    • Search for FDAX.
    • Once found, click FDAX and select "edit".
    • Click on the 'Misc' tab
    • Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and add in the "-disabled" just after the instrument name. This will look almost exactly like the FDXM instrument did before.
    • Click "OK" to save your changes.

Comment

Applying the first step on the 2) answer (just deleting -disabled), I finally could use both FDAX and FDXM at the same time. So that issue is solved. And the 15 seconds chart issue, is there a way for being able to use it? I can't understand having to pay every month for live data and to not be able to open a simple chart.
      Thanks

Comment

Interactive Brokers does not supply historical tick data to NinjaTrader. You would need a data provider which supplies historical tick data to NinjaTrader to be able to see historical second data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
        3 responses