X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing intraday NT7 not working

I scrolled thru the forum but could not find a solution for my problem so:
    I have Iqfeed (futures only) and NT7
    I wanted to expand my trading to forex so downloaded (Kinetick) daily data for EURUSD.
    As I needed intraday data I downloaded that data.
    I imported the intraday data and got the message : data imported successfuly.
    I disconnected from Iqfeed as they refuse me for forex intraday (unauthorized user ID).
    I opened a chart and as I have no connection with any datafeed provider at that moment I should see only the historical data, included intraday data. I see daily, weekly, monthly, but no intraday.
    I checked and I see the intraday data in the map: C:\...Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\minute\$EURUSD

I have no idea what the problem is. I will take the feed at Iqfeed, but should first test if I can make any money out of it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-14 13_12_34-$EURUSD.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1051360Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-14 13_12_34-$EURUSD.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1051361

marcus2300,

Thanks for your post.

Could you also please provide a screenshot of your complete Data Series menu? This is found by right-clicking in the chart and selecting "Data Series."
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-03-14 15_16_33-Data Series.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1051391
      If I try this NT7 crashes. I have data till 31/12/2018, so with 250 days loading it should start somewhere in november 2018.

Comment

marcus2300,

Do you see the same if you set the chart's End Date setting to the last date you have data for, 12/31/2018?

If so, I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20190314.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20190314.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Will do this after the markets closed. :-)

Comment

Drew,

I will try to do this in the weekend as it is very time consuming. I managed to get the data in a workspace but there are several issues/crashes, restoring, restarts that take a lot of time. Changing the end date did not make any difference.
            When Iqfeed is connected and I use the data I pay for, NT7 works perfect. When I disconnect the datafeed to be able to work with the offline data, things change dramatically. The log file has a size that cannot be opened, About 3.8 GB. So I cannot even send it in email to you.
            Trace file is over for 4GB.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-03-15 11_39_17-log.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.4 KB ID:	1051492
            Last edited by marcus2300; 03-15-2019, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Apparently I am doing all this for nothing. I seem to have a subscription with IQfeed for RT datafeed including Emini Euro FX futures in my CME package.
              I called IQfeed and they confirmed that I should be able to connect to Emini Euro FX in realtime.
              Apparently that should be 6E-06-19 for the actual contract in NT7. When I try to do that NT7 crashes and I see in the logfile:'6E 06-19' market data is delayed since your account does not have a real time subscription for the exchange this market trades on.

But I do have a real time subscription for the exchange this market trades on. IQfeed confirmed it to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-03-15 16_03_32-Welcome to DTN IQFeed! - Fast, Reliable, Affordable. Market Data and API's..jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	1051537
              Is there no mapping list to see which IQfeed code corresponds with which NT7 code? I think this is essential for NT clients.
              Last edited by marcus2300; 03-15-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

marcus2300,

This new information considered, I recommend writing in using the instructions in our previous post so we can check into this directly. Please also include the files for today.

Comment

OK, will do this after the close. Will start the PC again and do all the steps from scratch.

Comment

I finally found where the problem was. The symbol names are apparently different for almost all dataproviders and charting programs . I never understood this and still dont. Why on earth do parties change the"identification" of contracts while using them in software that should be compatible? Normally one would think there would be a kind of standardization so that everybody would use the same symbol names. Bank accounts have everywhere the same structure and logic...

So for IQfeed the contract I was looking had symbols starting with @ ME, but in NT there are no symbols like that. There is also no mapping list so you have to find out yourself whatever the symbol could be in NT. Therefore I filtered the Instrument Manager and saw a list of 11 futures contracts starting with "6". As these where apparently future contracts for currencies I selected "6E Euro FX" as the description was almost identical to the one mentioned by IQfeed.
                    After all kind of trials and many crashes, generating 4GB big log and trace files, I gave up.

One day later I started again (I am stubborn and don't give up easily) and was scrolling by accident thru the Instrument Manager list of futures again. The list is ordered alphabetically and 11 currency future contracts are together and starting with"6". 20 rows lower I saw, by accident, again a currency contract "E7 Emini Euro". I tried that one and unbelievable but it worked. I still had a small issue and then it worked like it should be. When I created new charts for the "E7 Emini Euro" I tried to load a template that I use in ES. But NT7 crashed on that again. I had to make manually a copy of the ES template and save it for my forex. Then it worked.

So the confusion was that the "Emini Euro FX" from IQfeed had 2 similar but not identical descriptions in NT7:"Euro FX" and "E-mini Euro". As the "Euro FX" sounded almost identical to the description of NT, and was together with all other future currencies, I was sure that was the one to use. Especially because the size of the contract was 125,000 where as the E-mini Euro had only a size of 62,500. That confirmed to me that Euro FX was the right one. But I was wrong; the correct one was the 62,500 contract.

A mapping list would be really good for clients and might save a lot of useless spent time and frustration.

Thanks for the attempts to help me, Drew.
                    Last edited by marcus2300; 03-17-2019, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin