Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted indicator

Hello,

An indicator got deleted from my NT7 and I am wondering if it is possible to restore it. I had installed a new indicator and it crashed while running. I simply closed the chart and did not get back to it. The next time I started my computer my anti virus alerted me this new indicator was a security threat and wanted to address it. I let the anti virus (webroot) remove the threat but it not only removed the indicator in question but also removed at least one other indicator, one I sorely need. It is a simple volume profile indicator, it may have come with NT7 but I can't remember where I got it. So two questions, is there a standard NT7 volume profile indicator that comes with NT7 that I can recieve again, and, if not, do you have any idea how to get this deleted indicator back?

On NT7 when I go to tools/edit ninja script/indicators it looks like the indicator is listed but it has a padlock on it. These are the first few lines of the code when I open the file.

Copyright (C) 2006, NinjaTrader LLC <www.ninjatrader.com>.
    // NinjaTrader reserves the right to modify or overwrite this NinjaScript component with each release.
    //

#region Using declarations
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Diagnostics;
    using System.Drawing;
    using System.Drawing.Drawing2D;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Xml.Serialization;
    using NinjaTrader.Data;
    using NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart;
    #endregion

// This namespace holds all indicators and is required. Do not change it.
    namespace NinjaTrader.Indicator
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Price by Volume.
    /// </summary>
    [Description("Plots a vertical histogram of volume by price.")]
    public class VolumeProfile : Indicator

Thanks,
    mw355

Hello mw355,

Thank you for your question.

In the case of damaged system data, you can use the installer to reinstall NinjaTrader which also will reinstall missing or otherwise replaced system files.

For this item, I would suggest to download the NinjaTrader installer and just reinstall the platform over the existing installation. You may be prompted to "repair" when using the installer, you can do this as well. This ensures all files the antivirus may have damaged or removed will be replaced.
    If the installer has difficulty in repairing or otherwise installing at this point, please use the windows add remove programs menu to first uninstall the platform, then reinstall it. This will also update the files but will remove the stock items first before replacing them.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the response. I reinstalled NT7 but the indicator does not show in the indicator list and still has a padlock on it in the ninjascript window.

mw355

Comment

Hello mw355,

The padlock is correct for system indicators, they all will have a padlock. The item you have listed is also a system indicator so what you see here is normal.

Did you previously give this indicator a blank label in a chart and set that as the default? That may be one reason the indicator is not appearing in the list but does appear in the NinjaScript editor.

You may additionally need to compile and check if the platform is in a compiled state, this is another reason the file would be present but not showing in the menus. Please try the following to check for errors:
        1. Click Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indciator -> ADL and open the ADL.
        2. Right click in the file and choose Compile
        3. Do any errors appear? If not, please now check the chart indicators list again for the VolumeProfile indicator.
        If you do not see the indicator still, please open the control center logs tab and check if there are errors being listed while opening the indicator's menu.

Comment

Jesse,

I probably did give it a blank label. I did the compile and did recieve an error - Metadata file 'C\users..., Code - CS0006. There are a ton of error messages in the log.

mw355

Comment

Hello mw355,

Thank you for your reply.

This is likely the reason the item is not showing up normally. When you have a compile error this can cause problems with system indicators or really all NinjaScript items which are imported. Correcting the compile error would be the first step in a resolution here.

Going back to what you mentioned earlier with the antivirus software, do you know which files had been removed or what the extent of the removal was? The NinjaScript errors are very likely specifically relating to what was removed, this will be the case for any .dll files that were removed.

If you know what specifically was removed, it may be easy to correct this by right-clicking in a NinjaScript editor and selecting "References". You can then remove the same files from this list and recompile. Alternatively, you would need to review the errors shown and see what .dll files are being listed here to know what needs corrected. If this is something you dont feel comfortable reviewing yourself, please email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance. We would need an image of the errors to proceed further past this point.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes