Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't open platform

Hello,

I downloaded an indicator free trial, right after I downloaded it a message popped up saying I was on day 56 of a 12 day free trial (can't recall if I tried it in the past) and then the platform shut down. Now when I try to open NT7 the control screen comes up then the same message - on day 56 of a 12 day trial - and then it shuts down. The system won't go past this.

I had an issue yesterday as well after downloading an indicator. Coincidently, when I opened the zip file for the indicator I downloaded today one of the files in it was the same one from yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    mw355

Hello mw355,

Thank you for your post.

Please try removing the indicator manually. Navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom and locate the indicator. It is likely a .dll file paired with a .cs file, so you will see "MyIndicator.dll" and "MyIndicator.cs". Move those two files to your desktop and try launching NinjaTrader again. If it launches, you will need to go into a NinjaScript editor, right click, select "References" and remove the reference to the indicator you just removed.

If NT does not launch, I will need to look at your log and trace files. You can send those to me by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN ChrisL <paste forum thread link here>

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris,

Moving the indicators out worked. Much thanks.

mw355

Comment

Chris,

Looks like I spoke too soon. The platform was up and running but when I right clicked on a chart and clicked indicators, rather than the indicator window opening the same message popped up and when I closed that window the platform abruptly closed. I sent the log and trace files.

mw355

Comment

Hello mw355,

I wanted to update this forum thread with our resolution to this problem.

You had many custom indicators in your platform that were not being used, one of those indicators was causing a licensing error that caused the indicator menu to not open.

Instead of sifting through each indicator to find which one was causing the problem, we made a new NinjaTrader 7 folder in the Documents and moved over all of the important items. These items include: Config.xml, the entire "templates" folder, then entire "workspaces" folder, the entire "db" folder, and all of the custom addons that you want to use, these live within Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All is good, thanks, Chris.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM