Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sim Account vs IB live account question

Hi,

I just subscribed to NinjaTrader. I tried to enable living trading which works fine. However, when I tried to switch back to global simulation trading, I got an error msg that I cannot use sim trading because I have an open position. I do have a long position which I intend to hold for a long period of time. Does this long position prevent me from switching back to sim? I restart NT and found I am in sim again? How do I confirm that I am using sim account this time? Also I did a few trade this moring using my live account, but the PositionSize, Unrealized and Realized column of Market Analyzer doesn't show anything? Do you have a support phone number? Thanks!

SunnyRain

Hello SunnyRain,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to make a simulated trade with Global Simulation mode disabled, just switch to the Sim101 account in the account drop down menu of your order entry screen.

Make sure you have the correct symbol entered in the Market Analyzer. If you need further help with this issue, please send a note in to support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. Put attn: Ray Stein and mention this post.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Ray,

Ok. Thanks for clarifying the questions about sim account and live trading account. The only question left is why I cannot see any positionsize, unrealized and realized P/L on Market Analyzer if I use live account? Thank you!

SunnyRain

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of your Market Analyzer with the columns in question?
        Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is screenshot of Market Analyzer. Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello sunnyrain,

Can you please tell me what connectivity provider you are connected to upon trading live.

Are you able to see account data for your live account in the Account-tab?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I use InteractiveBroker as data provider and broker. I can see my account data in Account tab in my live account. Thanks,

SunnyRain

Comment

Can you please tell me if this is a IB paper, demo or live account.

Upon adding these columns, can you please ensure your live account was selected and not the sim101 account.

Comment

Hi Jason,

This is IB live account. After I log in to NT, I uncheck "Global Simulation Mode" and choose my living account from chart trader. If I use sim account, everything works fine.

Thanks,

SunnyRain

Comment

The data in the Market Analyzer columns is requested from IB. If TWS does not report a position, NinjaTrader will not display a postion either.

Please check once TWS reports a position to check the Positions-tab in NinjaTrader to see if the position is reflected as well. If so, check the Market Analyzer and it should display as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Please check once TWS reports a position to check the Positions-tab in NinjaTrader to see if the position is reflected as well. If so, check the Market Analyzer and it should display as well.
                      How do I check whether TWS reports a position? Does anyone else has the similar problem? Thanks.

SunnyRain

Comment

I am not sure where to check in TWS if you are in a position.

Once you submitted an order and it got filled in NinjaTrader, please check in TWS if the position is displayed. Check in NinjaTrader under the Orders-tab if the same position is displayed as well.

Check the Market Analyzer columns to see if they display data.

Comment

Hello Jason,

After my order is filled, it showed in both TWS and NT's order tab. It doesn't show in market analyzer. Thanks,

Is it possible for your office to try my setup and see whether you can reproduce the problem? Thanks,

SunnyRain

Comment

Hello SunnyRain,

Could you please check the Positions-tab in NinjaTrader to see if the position is displayed there as well.

Comment

Yes. It is showed in position tab also.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PhillT
                              by PhillT