Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protection of Indicator IP

Scenario:
    I have an indicator I would like to share (rent) to other traders. I have been in the software biz for 40 years and know anything can be reverse engineered even if you have to go the machine code level. You can obfuscate it but that won't stop anyone who is really determined.

Question:
    Is there anything i can do to protect my IP other than sending a multicast data feed of the indicator plot data values to the users? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Cheers

Hello ct,
    Thanks for your post.

To ensure that your scripts are secure from decompilation, you will want to look into an additional layer of protection by obtaining SecureTeams's Agile.NET. Once downloaded, you can select the "Protect compiled assemblies" option which adds an additional layer of protection.

Please see the following pages which outline the process of compiling an assembly and protecting it using NinjaTrader:

Protection/DLL Security: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l_security.htm
    Distribution: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...stribution.htm

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way you can suppress an indicator from being used as input for another indicator? I want to prevent capture of my indicator signal (plots) and being rebroadcast or pirated.

Sorry if I seem paranoid but have been in the software business a long time and there a lot of bottom feeders out there trying to make a dollar any way they can. Legal or ethical is not in their creed.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ct View Post
        Josh

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way you can suppress an indicator from being used as input for another indicator? I want to prevent capture of my indicator signal (plots) and being rebroadcast or pirated.

Sorry if I seem paranoid but have been in the software business a long time and there a lot of bottom feeders out there trying to make a dollar any way they can. Legal or ethical is not in their creed.

Cheers
        Make the class sealed?

ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...-class-members
        Last edited by koganam; 03-30-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

ct,

There would be no way to accomplish this through NinjaScript. You may be able to utilize the C# concept koganam mentioned though.

Comment

Josh

Can you load an indicator or any portion of it from a remote server/location? I change the indicator quite frequently so wouldn't mind knowing everyone is always running the latest version. Can an end user easily download and import the indicator from my server to their pc each day?

Cheers
            Last edited by ct; 04-02-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

ct,

NinjaTrader would not provide anything that made it possible to remotely update another users PC. The user would easily be able to import any updates that you put out through the usual import process though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              1 response
              0 likes