Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Session causes ninja shut down

Hello,

I created a custom session template with a single line ( Sunday 6pm to Friday 5pm) representing the whole week (to remove end of day breaks). When I open 2 hour chart (no indicators) and keeps scrolling over 5 years of data, from time to time Ninja just shuts down. I assume custom session causes some error and Ninja closes. Any idea how to prevent it?

Thanks,
    redduke

In general, I would not expect crashes from only introducing a custom session template, however, we'll learn more about your NinjaTrader to find out why you're experiencing this symptom.

So I may assist you more accurately, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • What is the source of the historical data you're viewing? Did it come from a connection? If so, who are you connected to?
    • Are you able to reproduce this 100% of the time? Or does it seem to be more random/intermittent?
    • Can you ever create this issue by scrolling through the same exact data but using a built in template like "Default 24/7"?
    • Does it seem to be isolated to one particular instrument? Or does it occur on any instrument?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

1) We use 7.0.1000.40 (i believe the latest)
      2) No error, Ninja just abruptly shuts down
      3) We get data from IQFeed
      4) It is random, sometime after 10 scroll clicks, sometimes after 30.
      5) Never get this issue if template is standard like Default 24/7
      6) See it on multiple instruments

Thanks,
      redduke

Comment

Please provide a screenshot of the session template that seems to trigger the symptom. A screenshot of a chart's data series settings would also be helpful. Also, provide a detailed list of steps I would need to take to attempt to reproduce the issue on my end.

Comment

Patrick,
          What email can I use to send it to you?
          Thanks

Comment

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

You can attach screenshots to the forums. Click on the icons on the top left of the editor.

If you prefer to continue this troubleshooting via email, you can contact us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. If you choose to write in via email, make sure to include a link to this thread and "2125585 ATTN Patrick G" in the message.

Comment

Just sent email

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jon17
              by Jon17