Micro E-Minis - Cant Find Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro E-Minis - Cant Find Product

Hi, I have not been able to load/find the new Micro E-Mini's. I have looked through the forums. I am on the last version of NT 7 i.e 7.0.1000.40 (live) and I have reset the instruments (Tools>Options>Data>Reset Instruments), closed and restarted Ninjatrader (repeated the process 3 times) and I still cant find the Micro E-Mini product.
    My feed is CGQ, clearinghouse AMPS. I have been actively trading the ES for a couple of years. As others have pointed out I have the micro currencies and products MGC and MNF.
    Could anyone assist please?

As stated elsewhere, a version update will be needed for NT7 -- thus we're all presuming version 7.0.1000.41 will hit the "News and Announcements" forum any time now ...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

A new setup file from our site for 7.0.1000.40 will be needed to receive the new settings for the micros. Please run a new update of NinjaTrader 7 again and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
      • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
      • Select 'Download'
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
      • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
      • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
      • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
      Let us know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

bltdavid, that wasnt how i read it? There are posts of people on version .40 (who updated from .39) who reset their instruments and have it working........ at least that is how i understood it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for your post.

A new setup file from our site for 7.0.1000.40 will be needed to receive the new settings for the micros. Please run a new update of NinjaTrader 7 again and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
          • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
          • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
          • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
          • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
          Let us know if we may assist further.
          Will i lose my existing indicators, templates and strategies? Because when i try an run the setup it says i have to remove the current version (which is also 7.0.1000.40 by the way). Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the oversight, an uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This will not remove any custom items, these are stored separately from the program files at Documents > NinjaTrader 7. Only the program itself will be temporary removed.
            • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
            • Close all running applications.
            • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            • Reboot your machine.
            • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Once installed, reset your instruments:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
            • Restart NinjaTrader

After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A new setup file from our site for 7.0.1000.40 will be needed to receive the new settings for the micros.
              I have already upgraded to 7.0.1000.40 -- did this months ago, when it was first released.

For users who have already upgraded to 7.0.1000.40, your advice doesn't make any sense.

I'm already at version 7.0.1000.40.

Surely, as a premier vendor of a professional software charting package, you're not telling me that your stellar engineering
              management team has created a "newer" version of 7.0.1000.40 that replaces the "current" version 7.0.100.40?

Why isn't this "newer" version of 7.0.1000.40 simply known as 7.0.1000.41?

What's going on there?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the oversight, an uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This will not remove any custom items, these are stored separately from the program files at Documents > NinjaTrader 7. Only the program itself will be temporary removed.
                • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
                • Close all running applications.
                • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
                • Reboot your machine.
                • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Once installed, reset your instruments:
                • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
                • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
                • Restart NinjaTrader

After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.
                Thanks Eric_B that has now worked for me. Micro's are now up and running.

Comment

I uninstalled my NT7 (latest, .40 from !!! yesterday !!!) and reinstalled newest one...e.g. !!! today !!!. Then searched in instrument manager for MES and it was not found. Have no idea what to do next. None of the solutions offered here work. Please advise.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for replying.

Did you reset your instruments after reinstalling? If not, a reset of your instrument database should resolve this.

To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.
                    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh  
                    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes