FXCM connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM connection problem

I try to connect with FXCM Datafeed and I receive the message " Login failed: FXCM login failed, reason given: 'Can't connect to price server.' " Is this a problem of Ninjatrader platform or FXCM datafeed.

Hello geo9419,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? You can find this under Help > About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)

Also, what version of Windows are you using? (Example, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)

Thanks in advance; we look forward to assisting you further.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using the Ninjatrader 64.bit 7.0.1000.40 and windows 7. I had the same problem during the weekend but when the markets open the Monday everything was OK. Today, I have exactly the same problem but the market is open.
      Last edited by geo9419; 05-09-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hello geo9419,

Thank you for your reply.

We have other FXCM users reporting this but it seems to be a regional issue thus far. Where are you physically located? Who is your internet service provider?

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. Include ticket number 2152417 in the body of the email.

Additionally, in your reply, please provide me with the username and password so I may test the connection on my end, and please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further:
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, I'm based in the UK and the connection ceased working on Friday at 19:00hrs BST (14:00hrs ET).

I'm using 8.0.12.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)
          Last edited by TraderOwl; 05-13-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hello TraderOwl,

Thank you for your post.

This issue that geo9419 is reporting is different from the one you're reporting as this particular issue is specific to using an FXCM connection with NinjaTrader 7 on a Windows 7 machine.

However, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. Upgrading to the current version may well solve your issue. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
            • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
            • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
            • Enter your license key and press Submit
            • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
            • Select 'Download'
            • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
            Once you've installed the new version, please restart NinjaTrader and try again to connect. If you are unable to do so, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Any update/fix for this? I'm having the same issue. Windows 7, Ninjatrader 64.bit 7.0.1000.40

Comment

Dear Kate,

You have a right I install the NT7 in Virtual Machine with windows 10 and everything was OK. Of course is a very weird because the new NT8 works without any problem with Win 7 and the old NT7 have such a problem with Win7.

I would like to ask you if you will fix it because I will spend one weekend to install the Windows 10 as dual boot with win 7 plus all my programs from the begin.

Comment

Hello geo9419,

Thank you for your reply.

This is a known issue we are working with FXCM to resolve. NinjaTrader 8 is not affected, so you could just use NT8 on Windows 7 as another workaround until a solution is found. Currently we have no timeline on a solution, however, we will be updating all clients when there is any information.

Thanks for your patience, we look forward to resolving this issue.

Comment

Hello.

I am having the same problem in NT7 on W7, can you please inform me about the solution.

Thank you

Comment

We have a potential work-around in place for the FXCM/Windows 7 issue:
                      1. Have this windows update installed (I suspect you may already have this installed, but try installing to check): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rotocols-in-wi
                      2. Then, apply the easy fix which can be downloaded here: https://aka.ms/easyfix51044
                      3. Then, restart your PC, open NinjaTrader, and test the FXCM connection
                      Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

The easyfix patch that was just suggested fixed it for me. Thank you!

I can't answer for the original poster but just wanted to say I had the same problem connecting to forex as poster geo9419 above ." Login failed: FXCM login failed, reason given: 'Can't connect to price server.' ". So I did the suggested fix using the easyfix patch. I even did the patch first and the updates for win 7 second and it still worked that way for me.I noticed a buncha updates that didn't work for win 7 so I just installed any that actually worked for my version of windows (which were only 2 very small updates out of 7. ) and that definitely allows connection to forex now. Just wanted to chime in on this.

Comment

It worked. Thank you for your help

Comment

HI All,
                            can anyone help me and provide me with help how to resolve FXCM data issue for Windows 8? I am looking for similar solution Patrick has already provided for Windows 7.
                            Thank you for any help.

Comment

I have located some resources online by searching for "Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 windows 8" however, I cannot confirm what steps may work. If you find a solution. please respond back to this post so that other Windows 8 users affected by this error may benefit from what you've discovered.

Also, we're not receiving any other reports about this error from users who are not on Windows 7. I'd like to eliminate the possibility that what you're experiencing does not have a different root cause. Please also send us your NinjaTrader diagnostic files for review:
                              • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support
                              • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                              • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2152417 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses