What is symbol for micro ES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is symbol for micro ES?

I have been using the platform for a long time, using it to write code for a broker, who uses the NT platform to run trades from Tradestation. I just opened my own account through NT and want to use the micro ES for some testing, but I am unable to find the symbol in the instrument manager. Please advise.

search for MES in Futures

Comment

I did that, but there is no MES. I think I have to do a platform update first. Is that true?

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

NinjaTrader has added the new micro e-mini futures instruments into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
        • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
        • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
        • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
        • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures

To receive these new instruments within your NinjaTrader database, please follow the steps below: NinjaTrader 8 —

No additional action needed. The futures are already added to the NinjaTrader 8 database. If you cannot find these instruments, please restart NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader 7 —

An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
        • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.

Once installed, reset your instruments:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
        • Restart NinjaTrader

After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please help me. I am having same problem as the original poster, except i CANNOT download NT 7.0 using your link (even after disabling ALL firewall, why?) Keeps saying "failed to download Ninjatrader" and I cannot access micro ES with the original installation. Any suggestions?

Update: I wrote to their email address and received an alternative download link very quickly, which works! Now I can see the micro instruments. Thanks! Anyone else who has same issue pls write in to their email for instant support. The team works fast.
          Last edited by BlueWhisper; 07-24-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Hello BlueWhisper,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

So I may send you an alternate link please send a note to [email protected] in the subject please include Attn: Marco G and in the message include a link to this thread.
            Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My suggestion would be to install google chrome. if you are already using google chrome, pls ignore me.
              Google chrome saves lot of these problems,which can be downloaded: https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920