Need Simultaneous Instrument Update on Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Simultaneous Instrument Update on Market Analyzer

I got another computer recently. On the other computer, when I connected to Kinetick-end-of-day, all the instruments in the Market Analyzer list updated automatically. This computer, when I connect, is only updating the instrument I click on or the instrument that is already highlighted. Can someone please assist me in automatically updating all instruments when I connect?
    Last edited by RookieTrader; 06-05-2019, 06:13 AM.

Kinetick end-of-day (free) connection only provides historical daily data to NinjaTrader. For the most part, the Market Analyzer is a real-time only window. I would not expect the Kinetick end-of-day (free) connection to populate any data within the Market Analyzer. There must be a step or setting on your original PC that is not the same as this new PC which we need to discover.

Do you still have access to the original computer you're referring to? If so, can you check to see what connections are active? Please provide a screenshot of the Market Analyzer and the File > Connect menu
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Unfortunately, that computer crashed. That's why I got the new computer.

Comment

I suspect you had a real-time data connection on the other PC that was providing real-time data to the Market Analyzer. You'll need to establish a real-time data feed connection on this new PC to receive information into the Market Analyzer.

Comment

Patrick,
          Something tells me there's misinterpretation. Just in case there is, I'll try to clarify:
          • On my old computer, at the end of day, at the close of the market, I would connect to Kinetick and I would get the close price for each individual instrument listed in the Market Analyzer automatically.
          • Now, with the new computer, when I connect to Kinetick, I have to click each instrument individually in the Market Analyzer for it to update the close price of that day, which is time-consuming.
          • It was not real-time data in the sense that prices were continually updating throughout the day. Prices update once when I retrieved them at the EOD.
          I just want the EOD close prices for all instruments listed in the Market Analyzer to update automatically when I connect to Kinetick.

Comment

What columns are applied to your Market Analyzer? Please provide a screenshot of the Market Analyzer you're describing:
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Here it is.
              Attached Files

Comment

You say that currently you get the close price when you select the instrument in the Market Analyzer (which is linked to a chart). Are you referring to LastPrice column? If so, I cannot reproduce this and would not expect these values to update when connected to Kinetick end-of-day.

You also mention that previously you did not have to select it, it would just do it. Are you referring to the custom column I see in your screenshot? I see no values in your Market Analyzer. Would we have to wait until after market close for the behavior to work as you describe?

Discovered that if you add an SMA column with a period of 1 plotting on daily data, the values plot:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-05-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

"You say that currently you get the close price when you select the instrument in the Market Analyzer (which is linked to a chart). Are you referring to LastPrice column?"

No. I'm talking about the chart itself. If you look at the chart in the image I sent, it has only the chart data up to 4/19/2019. Currently on my new computer, if I wanted to update that specific chart in the image, I would have to click on that specific stock symbol in the Market Analyzer to update the data on the chart to the current date while I'm connected to Kinetick. On the old computer, soon as I connected to Kinetick, I didn't have to click anything else. It automatically updated all the charts with the most current EOD data if the corresponding ticker symbols were listed in the Market Analyzer window. There was no real-time streaming data. It updated the data once and then stopped.
                  I was wondering is there a way for me to update all the charts simultaneously as soon as I connect to Kinetick?.

(I may not respond right away. Kind of busy)

Comment

What is the end date of this chart? To check, right-click on the chart > Data series > What is the end date? If it's not today, change it to today.

Comment

In the data series it's today's date - 6/5/2019. Like I said, I have to update each chart one at a time when I connect to Kinetick.

Comment

Can you elaborate on how you were viewing the close on a chart of all instruments instantly at the same time? If I understand correctly, you just have one chart window, so I would expect that data not to load until you've clicked on that instrument in the Market Analyzer which would then load the most current data available in the linked chart window.

Comment

I never said I was viewing all the charts simultaneously. I said Kinetick updates the charts. When I connect to Kinetick, the symbols that were being updated flashed by at the bottom of my screen. After I disconnected from Kinetick, I could go to each chart and see the updated data up to the current day.

Comment

There is some information being lost in translation here due to the medium we're using. I would suggest that you contact us via email so we can have a phone conversation about how you expect NinjaTrader to behave.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum post and "2175465 ATTN Patrick G" in the message so we can continue our conversation.

Comment

Sorry about the response time. Long hours. Any way, I don't know if it was something I did or not, but the problem seems to have resolved itself.

Thanks for your help any way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes