Ninja Trader Chart not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader Chart not updating

This is the issue that I am running into with Ninja Trader. In the evening I start Ninja Trader up and connect to a kinetick data feed. Then a chart for British Pound Futures is opened up with an indicator. I then let Ninja Trader run over night and in the morning do some back testing on the data gathered during the night. Previous to last week, I have been preforming this exact operation with Ninja Trader on many different days with no problems. Now, for what ever reason, sometime during the night, the connection to the kinetick data feed is disconnected. After a min or so the log seems to imply that Ninja Trader has reconnected to the kinetick data feed. But at this point, the chart hangs (quits updating the chart).

Now, I am not sure where the problem lies. It appears that NT7 has reconnected...

Info:
    Ninja Trader version: 7.0.1000.34

Hello sledmt, thanks for your post.

Your installation is out of date, please update by downloading and running the installer from this page:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

I recommend you also restart your PC, modem, and router to clear any network issues.

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris

Will try updating the version of Ninja Trader. I understand that Version 7.0.1000.34 is an older version. Until last week, I had experienced no problems. So I saw no need to update to a newer version of Ninja Trader.

I will share my results after updating the version.

Thanks

Comment

Which version would you recommend? Stay with version 7 or upgrade to version 8?

Comment

Hi sledmt,

NinjaTrader7 is still supported. I would recommend using NinjaTrader 8 if possible. It's safe to say that most of the NinjaTrader user base is on NT8 now. NT8 was optimized for max performance and improved with a better user interface.

Kind regards.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Pattontje  
          Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
          17 responses