Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 will not open

Hi,
    After a month of not using NT7, I could not open the program today. I received the following error: " Unable to open trace file..." (.jpg of error attached). Searching the forum indicated that permissions may be incorrect so I check them at each level and they seemed OK, I am not an expert though.

My computer has crashed since I last opened NT7

I tried running as admin, no effect.

I updated to latest NT7 release, no effect

I am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall NT7 as I do not understand what effect this will have on the many third party programs I am using.

Best Regards,
    Arby
    Attached Files

Hello arby7,

Thanks for writing in.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post in the body of the email.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT7 will not open

Hi,

I'm sorry, I did not make this clear; NT7 will not open so I can not follow your instructions to use NT7 to collect files.

I did go to the Documents/NinjaTrader 7/log directory and the latest file was back in December.

I also when to Documents/NinjaTrader 7/trace directory and the latest file was back in December.

Arby7
      Last edited by arby7; 03-12-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Hello arby7,
        Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
        Add and remove software/programs
        Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue with the next step
        Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
        Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
        Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
        Run the file named SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
        SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
        SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
        Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
        Once installed you will need to restart your PC
        You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

Comment

NT7 will not open

Hi,

I installed the 32bit and 64 bit SQL files and verified they were installed with the control panel. After a system restart, NT7 will still not open and gives the same error message as I attached in my first post: " Unable to open trace file..."

Also there is a second error. See Error2.jpg, attached

Arby7
          Attached Files
          Last edited by arby7; 03-12-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Hello arby7,

Please follow the instructions below to reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.

First thing, exit any applications running on your computer
            Windows 7 and newer

Go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Panel
            At the top left select Turn Windows features on or off
            Clear the check box for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and select OK.
            After Windows disables the feature you will need to go back and re-enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1
            After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function

Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

Comment

HI,

I disabled and re-enabled the .NET Framework, After that weindows searched for and found updates which were installed. I restarted the system after that.

Sill have the same errors, NT7 will not open.

Arby

Comment

Hi,

BTW,

I very much appreciate the speed with which you are trying to help me. You have a very impressive support organization.

Arby

Comment

Hello Arby7,
                  Thanks for the kind words!
                  At this time can you please do a basic uninstall and reinstall to ensure there are no issues with the original installation?
                  To perform a basic uninstall and reinstall:

- First, get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  - Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  - Close NinjaTrader
                  - Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
                  - From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 or 8 and click Remove.
                  - Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8 and delete this file if it still exists
                  - Install NinjaTrader from the MSI you previously downloaded.

Comment

HI,

Removed and reinstalled NT7, then restarted windows 10.

Same errors again. NT7 will not open.

Arby

Comment

Hello arby7,
                      Can you please clarify if you have any anti virus software or Firewalls active on your PC?

Comment

HI,

Well, virus protection was the problem.

I use Bit Defender as virus protection. It also controls the windows 10 firewall.

I have used this virus software along side NT7 for the past several years so it did not occur to me that Bit Defender might be the cause of the problem.

As a test, after your question, I disabled Bit Defender and WOW! NT7 started and worked OK.

I turned the Bit Defender features on one at a time and found that Bit Defender was "guarding" certain folders and not allowing changes by any programs not on a white list. This was a new feature added called "Safe Files".

I only had to place NT7 on the white list and that fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help. All is well now.

Arby

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                        2 responses