Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent copy and paste from one chart to another

Using Ninja 7 and windows 10
    Has anyone else noticed an inconsistency in being able to copy and paste from one chart to another in the same worksheet. Sometimes it works and other times it does not.
    I often need to do this for simple drawing objects line a line or dot.
    I have a work around. Seems that if I execute a simple copy and paste in the destination chart and then go to the source chart and do a copy and paste to the destination chart it works. (both charts are the same instrument and time frame just a different view)
    This seems clumsly. Is there something else that I can do that I am missing.

I've moved your post into the NinjaTrader 7 sub-forums.

I cannot reproduce any issue with copying and pasting drawing objects from one chart to another in NinjaTrader 7. Do you notice any inconsistent copy+paste behavior in any other programs? For example, open a web browser then copy a web address from one tab into another.

Also, if you close all open workspaces and test with a blank workspace with just two charts without templates or add-ons, can you reproduce the symptom?
    • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down.
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
    If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

Thank you Patrick for your reply - I will look into your suggestions

Comment

I have followed your instructions up to deleting the "Workspaces.XML" file and then re-opening my ongoing workspace, It had fixed the problem.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes