Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to Enable NinjaTrader.Core.dll LOTS of errors when Building Visual Studio 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Enable NinjaTrader.Core.dll LOTS of errors when Building Visual Studio 2019

Hi all, I am working on building my first strategy, and I am using Visual Studio Community Edition 2019. I am working through a Udemy course online, and trying to create a new class in NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj. When I create this strategy, I can see all of NinjaTrader's indicators and strategies in Visual Studio's Solution Browser. I can build the most basic strategy and it returns 2225 errors. In Virtual Studio's Error List these errors reference NinjaTrader's indicators and strategies. If I click on any one of the strategies in the Solution Explorer (@SampleMACrossOver.cs for example), then I see red text for methods like CrossAbove(), Add(), etc. When I hover over this text it reads "The name 'Add' does not exist in the current context. Cannot resolve symbol 'Add.'" Next I checked my references, by right clicking on References (in the Solution Explorer), Add Reference. I see both NinjaTrader.Core.dll and WilsonORMapper.DLL. I can check WilsonORMapper. However, when I click NinjaTrader.core, it appears to check, then I click OK. When I re-enter the Reference Manager, NinjaTrader.core is now unchecked.
    First question: Will the fact that NinjaTrader.Core is not enabling cause the errors with the methods (like Add, CrossAbove, EnterShort) I mentioned?f
    Second question: How do I fix NinjaTrader.Core so it stays active?

Note: I just uninstalled NinjaTrader 7, removed all directories from My Documents, and re-installed. Prior to this, I could not find NinjaTrader.Core.dll in my bin folder. It was available in bin64, however, that file would not work (probably because I'm using NT7 32-bit.)

Thank you all for your help in advance, please let me know if there's any additional information that might help out.

Nate.

Here are some screen grabs of what I'm seeing.
    Attached Files

Comment

Okay I seemingly figured it out. I think the simplest way to go to the Solution Explorer, and expand References. In References I could see NinjaTrader.Core, but it had a yellow warning icon. I right clicked on it, and selected Remove. Then I right clicked References above, and selected Add Reference. I then navigated to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ninja Trader 7\bin\ and selected NinjaTrader.Core.dll. That seemed to work.

Something else I did in the process was to completely uninstall Ninja, and to re-install it. Prior to this, there was not a NinjaTrader.Core.dll file in that folder. So this was a problem, but I did read about another guy (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-error-warning) installing NT7 on another PC, copying the file from there, and doing kinda what I did.

Hope this helps to anyone else who's had this problem.

Comment

Hello Nate G,

It will not be necessary to uninstall and re-install NinjaTrader.

Below is a link to a forum post with instructions for opening the NinjaTrader project file and add the missing references and includes a video.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...37#post1058137
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by georgeinharmony, Today, 12:06 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by Prisalice, Yesterday, 07:07 AM
        2 responses