Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection issues

Hello,

I did not use NT for quite a while. Decided to start, but it complains about no connection and suggests to check 1) firewall or 2) it thinks service provider has a problem or license servers are down.
    1) I did checked firewall rule - it's ok, but same problem
    2) I switched off firewalls and anti-viruses - same problem.
    More details:
    My connection is via cable.
    I use NT since version 6.5. This is when I got a (free) license. Under this version I developed all my strategies.
    Later, I decided to upgrade to NT7, but do not remember did it work then or not. At least I had to change my scripts. NT6.5 stopped to work, which is not nice.

Any suggestion?

Nik
    Last edited by nikkk; 06-18-2019, 06:19 AM.

I've moved your post to it's own topic in the NinjaTrader 7 forums because the post you replied to what for NinjaTrader 8 as was about a year old.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What is your NinjaTrader license Key? You will find this under Help -> License Key
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I've moved your post to it's own topic in the NinjaTrader 7 forums because the post you replied to what for NinjaTrader 8 as was about a year old.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
      • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
      • What is your NinjaTrader license Key? You will find this under Help -> License Key
      • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
      version = NT 7.0.1000.22
      On-screen error is attached as an image.
      After I click ok NT starts with banner
      Simulated Trading (enabled)
      Live trading (disabled)

I see my license key, but is it ok to expose it publicly ?

Comment

You should never share your license publicly - that was my mistake for asking.

I see that you're running an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          You should never share your license publicly - that was my mistake for asking.

I see that you're running an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

First, to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
          • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
          Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
          • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
          • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
          • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
          I tried, failed and finally gave up. Downloaded fresh version (feed, charts, basic indicators already work) and will see now how can I adopt my old scripts.
          Thank you.

Comment

I have connection issues, too. I'm running 64 bit 7.0.1000.40 Is this the latest version?

Comment

Yes, that's the latest version as of today (June 21st 2019).

An older version is one potential cause of connection issues, but there are many other causes. Without more specific information, it would be difficult to provide you with accurate troubleshooting advice.

I suggest that you contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we may assist you with your symptom. When you write in, try to provide as much detail as possible (for example, when the issue began, any error messages that are appearing, any steps that have already been taken to attempt to resolve, etc.).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              170 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80  
              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Irukandji