Changing instruments list on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing instruments list on a chart

I have a simple problem/question. I am just opening up a regular chart in NT7 and want to bring up other charts within the instrument list. But, it looks like I can only work off of a "Default" instrument list. Is there a way to switch the chart to show other instrument lists I have defined in the Instrument Manager? Or do I have to load up all of the instruments in the Default list?

I can load individual instruments manually one-by-one, but it would be nice to be able to change the list. Is this possible?

Screenshot attached.

Hello roberto76,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to the default instrument list.
    • Open the instrument manager through the Control Center by clicking Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left-hand corner (for your example we would select "Default")
    • Locate the instrument in the list by searching for the symbol or description, then select the instrument you would like to add.
    • Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
    • You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do know how to do that - but it's not what I'm trying to do. I have already arranged all my instruments in the instrument list - for example, I have a list called NASDAQ100 and I show all the instruments in it. Then I have another list that shows S&P 500 stocks, etc... I just want to switch the list that the chart shows to the list I already have as I switch between them on the chart.

Your suggestion would have me continuously modify the default list - or crate one giant list that I wouldn't know where these stocks belong to...

Is there no way to leverage the lists already created? (see screenshot)

Comment

Hello Roberto76,

Thank you for the clarification.

In NinjaTrader 7 it is not possible to change the list type in the drop down, in order to access those lists you would need to reopen the data series window by clicking the data series icon, or by adding all instruments to the list.

Additionally, you may change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument: Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 09-19" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.

Choosing Instrument lists in a chart is a feature that was added in NinjaTrader 8, if you would like to update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Please let us know if you need additional assistance.

Comment

Ah ok. Thank you!

Comment

Hello roberto76,

You're very welcome.

If you need additional assistance just let us know or reach out to support directly by emailing [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by halgo_boulder, Today, 08:44 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post halgo_boulder  
            Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
            0 responses