Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about issue in simultaneous simulation multiinstrument

Hi NT,

A couple of years ago, I've learned that there was some issue at running simultaneous mult-instrument live simulations through account Sim101. Since I continue using NT7 and dealing with the issue, I had two questions:

1. Have you found out how to prevent the issue by anyway ?
    2. I imagine that this issue is just for simulations using Sim101, but not if I go live with my broker account, obviously, it shouldn't be any problem. Should it ?

Thanks!

hello pstrusi ,

Do you have the post or specific information that you are asking about so I can review that information? From the details, I am not aware of the specific issue you are referring to.

If you don't have the original information, can you give a brief description of the specific problem, or provide a syntax example of what you are referring to?

Also is this something you have tested in NT8 to confirm if that is still the case? We can review the specific situation in NT8 to see if a bug report/feature request is needed.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

This is the situation. I have the Sim account with a cash amount > 10.000.000. Then I started 4 forex simulations, EUR, GBP, CHN, YPY for 100.000 each, only that, and then I added an E-Mini simulation trading just 1 contract, whose margin required is about 4300$ each. So for hours they were working just fine, then suddenly I got plenty of these weird message:

" 6/21/2019 11:05:45 AM|0|32|IBpiers, Order has exceeded available account equity: Please reduce order size affected Order: Sell 1 Limit @ 2964.25 " which it doesn't make sense cause obviously the Sim account has plenty of cash.

Once I posted this issue in this forum which is well known as an issue that occurs in simulation, I just wanted to update the status

So, I'd appreciate any relevant update.
      Thanks for your attention

By the way Jesse, this the old post I did sometime ago, so you can check it
      Last edited by pstrusi; 06-21-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for providing the link to the old post. Based on the other post, it looks like this is not going to be changed for NT7, but I will research this topic to see if I can track down any other information surrounding NT8 and update this post once I have.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Jesse, but you haven't answered question # 2

Looking forward

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I couldn't find any additional details from the original case in regard to testing what you had asked, this is likely something you would need to try and check what the result is with your specific test script. It appears this was reviewed for NT8 and no longer occurs so it would be suggested to migrate to NT8 if this affects you.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Question #2 is : This issue occurs during simulation with account Sim101, BUT, obviously, it should not happen with your real money broker account because it's NOT Sim101, right? just confirm that.

Looking forward just that answer
              Thanks!

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

My prior reply is in contrast to live accounts and not sim, there was no additional information that I could locate on this and would be something you can test in the situation where you are seeing this occur by switching to a live account. As the broker controls these values instead of the sim, it should not occur however you would need to test this to know the answer. This is not something that will not be addressed for NT7, so if it does still occur with a live account the solution will be to move to NT8. If you are using NT8 and see a similar problem occur we can review that further in NT8.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Thanks Jesse

Comment

I've found the real cause and a solution, this post:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes