• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Practical problem when downloading only IB data for stocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practical problem when downloading only IB data for stocks

Hi NT.

I need to update always my charts with the original intraday IB data for my stocks and Etf. The practical problem is since I have to save this data as historical, I need to have an opened chart for each instrument, so as you can imagine, if I had a list with 50 instruments, it'd be 50 charts in a workspace. I'm aware that NT should be capable depending on your hardware specs, still I wonder if NT is able to manage this. Otherwise, perhaps create several Workspaces? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
    Hi NT.

I need to update always my charts with the original intraday IB data for my stocks and Etf. The practical problem is since I have to save this data as historical, I need to have an opened chart for each instrument, so as you can imagine, if I had a list with 50 instruments, it'd be 50 charts in a workspace. I'm aware that NT should be capable depending on your hardware specs, still I wonder if NT is able to manage this. Otherwise, perhaps create several Workspaces? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Put the instruments that you want to be updated in realtime, into ONE, single, Market Analyzer window. Link that Market Analyzer window to chart(s), and you can even scroll through the instruments and see how the price acts on the chart(s).

You do not need to keep multiple charts open, each with one instrument, just so that you can get updates.
    Last edited by koganam; 06-23-2019, 09:51 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar.

Comment

Thank you very much Koganam for your wise suggestion. As I always I appreciate your good will in this forum helping us out.

Kind regards!

Comment

Once again Koganam, thanks. All these years developing strategies kept me away to be aware of this powerful feature for massive data.
        I imagine that if I ran an automated strategy, its positions will feed the Market Analyzer as it was a regular discretionary trade.

By the way, I imagine that you're aware of the issue in the simulator when you're running several different assets class live data simulations with Sim101 account. At the beginning, it seems ok, but eventually, several orders got rejected without any logical reason. I imagine that this issue actually does not happen with your real broker account cause it's not a Sim101 account. But I wonder, if you had the need to solve this issue for simulations. If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to read.
        Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by autogenix, Today, 11:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jim  
        Started by pstrusi, Today, 11:34 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes