Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Any way to chart monthly equity options cycles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to chart monthly equity options cycles?

Hi - I've been unable to find a way to have a chart show the monthly options cycle that is from the 3rd Friday of the month to the next month's 3rd Friday. I see this timeframe is not in the chart configs anywhere.

So, is there any way to setup a chart to go from mid-month to the next mid-month? This would be for equity options only... messing with stock options here.

Couldn't find anything on the web about this, surprisingly, so dunno if I'm just not using the correct search criteria or what.

Thanks...

There is no way to manipulate monthly data (built from daily data) that supported data providers send to NinjaTrader to plot from a specific day in the month, and there is no way to configure minute data in a way that would span an entire month. Furthermore, options on stocks/equities are not officially supported in NinjaTrader so I am uncertain what data you're referring to.

Comment

In addition to the usual timeframes of 'Day', 'Week', 'Month', etc., Thinkorswim provides a timeframe based upon monthly equity options expirations, which occur on the third Friday of every month(as in last Friday, 6/21/2019). A new options expiration monthly timeframe started today, on Monday and will expire on Friday, July 19th. Easy to chart on TOS charts, but I'm migrating a lot of my stuff to Ninja(!) and am looking to duplicate that timeframe.

Ideas??

Comment

What you desire is not possible.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1813. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-28-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED