Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to unselect permanently, the default exchange in instrument manager

Hi NT,

I have to do a fresh installation from scratch of NinjaTrader7. I was adding instruments, in the instrument manager, and in earlier versions, I had the ability to unselect "Default exchange" permanently and substitute it by the real exchange where I get the data from, such as Nasdaq, Nyse...etc. NT allow to unselect Default exchange, but when you accept and close the instrument, just to confirm, you open it once again, to see the "Default exchange" is still selected. So, how can I unselect permanently? I need to work just with genuine and direct data from the related exchange

Thanks

Default exchange will always be enabled and is required for NinjaTrader to receive data from a connected data provider. For example, I would expect 'Default' and 'Nasdaq' to be enabled for AAPL.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • Can you go into further detail about what adverse symptoms (if any) are occurring when the default exchange is enabled?
    • What instruments are you adding/editing that are reverting settings?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

What I wanted is to be sure that my data comes always from the correct Exchange. I imagine that if I've selected only one additional exchange besides "Default", let's say "Nyse", the only data that the instrument will receive is from Nyse and any other.

I have ninjatrader 7.0.1000.40.
      I connect to InteractiveBrokers
      No errors so far cause I'm building the database

Thanks

Comment

Can you give me an example where having 'default' enabled caused data to come from an unexpected/undesired exchange?

Comment

In Forex for example, you might have multiple providers

Comment

I believe everything is working as you want it to with 'Default' enabled. I want to know if you can actually detect any issues right now with the instruments you're configuring. If you can provide a real-world example that I can reproduce, I can look into what we could do to resolve that symptom.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post BarzTrading