Resetting to get Micros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting to get Micros

I've read I need to reset my instruments in NT7 to get the new futures emini micros.

If I reset my instruments via tools>options>data>reset instruments, do I lose my custom instruments lists in tools>instrument manager?

Also, where are my custom instrument lists stored, so I can back them up? Are they able to be backed up? They weren't where I'd normally find things I want to back up from NT, like charts, workplaces, etc, in My Documents.

Thanks.

NinjaTrader has added the new micro e-mini futures instruments into the NinjaTrader database. The symbols are as follows:
    • M2K = Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures
    • MES = Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures
    • MNQ = Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures
    • MYM = Micro E-mini Dow futures
    An uninstall, reinstall, and instrument reset is necessary to receive these new symbols. This is required even if you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.40. Please follow the following steps (this will not affect or remove your custom files or settings):
    • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key window.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT7 from the link below.
    Once installed, reset your instruments:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments> OK.
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After the instrument reset, you should find these new instruments within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.

If I reset my instruments via tools>options>data>reset instruments, do I lose my custom instruments lists in tools>instrument manager?
    No. Resetting your instruments will revert built-in instruments to their original settings.
    • User added instruments will not be affected
    • Any changes you have made to original instruments will be reset
    • Any changed symbol mappings will be reset including changes made for user with ATI
    Also, where are my custom instrument lists stored, so I can back them up? Are they able to be backed up? They weren't where I'd normally find things I want to back up from NT, like charts, workplaces, etc, in My Documents.
    Custom instruments are stored in your database file. This file is located on your PC in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > 'db' folder in the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' file.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Clear on not losing custom instrument lists.

For backing up instrument lists, so if I'm already backing up db folder (which I am), I'm already backing up my instrument lists? I was not expecting it to be located there, but no worries, good if I am already backing it up.

Comment

That's correct. Specifically, the instruments lists are also contained in the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' file. The other sub-folders contain historical/market replay data and are not critical for backup (unless you need to retain historical/market replay data that cannot be downloaded from your data providers).

Comment

Got it, thanks.

I do backup the other sub folders as I have several years of recorded data ("significantly" earlier than the date provided by my data provider).

Anyway, I now know what I was after.

Thank-you NinjaTrader_PatrickG.

Comment

Originally posted by _Cujo View Post
            Got it, thanks.

I do backup the other sub folders as I have several years of recorded data ("significantly" earlier than the date provided by my data provider).

Anyway, I now know what I was after.my ip birthday wishes tneb

Thank-you NinjaTrader_PatrickG.
            Last edited by lolamopa2300; 07-10-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

In NinjaTrader 7, custom instrument lists within the 'NinjaTrader.sdf' files as mentioned above. If you're using the built-in backup tool, this would be included in your backup as long as 'Database (historical trade data)' is enabled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post arvidvanstaey  
              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post samish18