Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant increase in data loading time

Hello -

This morning, my NinjaTrader 7 has needed more than 20 minutes to load data into my routine Workspace. Usually, the time for this process is about one minute.

The data loading process still has not completed as I post this message. Instead, I see red x's in the upper right-hand corner of each chart.

What could have changed since last night, when the load time seemed normal? I have made no changes to his PC at all during that period.

Regards,
    LonghornMark.

Originally posted by Longhornmark View Post
    Hello -

This morning, my NinjaTrader 7 has needed more than 20 minutes to load data into my routine Workspace. Usually, the time for this process is about one minute.

The data loading process still has not completed as I post this message. Instead, I see red x's in the upper right-hand corner of each chart.

What could have changed since last night, when the load time seemed normal? I have made no changes to his PC at all during that period.

Regards,
    LonghornMark.
    what data feed are u using?--i am having similar issues

Comment

what data feed are u using?--i am having similar issues

Comment

It would be difficult to make an accurate determination with the information I have thus far. The only global difference between yesterday and this morning would be that the markets are much more volatile on Monday mornings than Sunday afternoon.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
        • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
        • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        • Do any of the symptoms persist if you restart your PC?

Comment

Hi Patrick -

Normally, when I need technical assistance with the NT 7 platform, I email Customer Service via the Help menu. This time, however, I could not access the Help menu and needed to post my issue here in the forum. The Help menu, like all of NT 7 has become unavailable, due to this excessively long time for loading data.

Those red x's I mentioned on each chart are accompanied by the Windows hourglass icon, also suggesting I need to wait. My Windows 10 Taskmanager says NT 7 is not responding to Windows.

I have version 40 of NT 7 installed.

My data feed is via Interactive Brokers.

I receive no error on the screen.

I already have restarted my PC twice. The same delay issue reappeared each time.

I then attempted to run the NT 7 installer, so I could access its built-in repair/uninstall routine. But when I attempted to do that, Windows 10 told me I only could uninstall NT 7 via the Windows Control Panel.

I then uninstalled NT 7 via the Windows 10 Control Panel and then reinstalled it. The issue remains.

Does this not suggest the issue might be with the .NET 3.5 framework?

I await your response.

Thank you.
          Mark Ansel.

Comment

You can always contact us via our website or directly via email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Go ahead and write in via email and include a link to this forum post and "2199451 ATTN PatrickG" in the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji