Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data feed issue Displays "abort" on lower right of control center.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed issue Displays "abort" on lower right of control center.

Scenario:
    I have an indicator which uses 2 time frames The chart time frame Bars[0] and an added 1 tick time frame bars[1]. I do all my calculations on the 1 tick time frame but then display the results on whatever time frame the user has selected for the chart. All this works well as I have done it for many years, the only nuance is I need at least 1 chart bar before I try to draw anything. So before I draw anything on the chart I make sure I have at least 1 chart bar, no big deal.

Issue:
    I recently moved my account from Rosenthal-Collins to Ninja Trader. Both use the Continuum data feed so no change there. I have noticed an issue of late. Sometimes I will not receive data for my added time frame on an F5 refresh. Also on the bottom right corner of the control center displays "abort" when this occurs. If I shut down ninja trader and delete the DB folder everything is fine again for a while but will reoccur. I realize this is a bit drastic but it does seem to bring everything right.

Question:
    I think I understand what is going on. My question is there anything I can do to prevent this or at least reduce the occurrence of it happening.

I hope all of this makes sense.

Cheers
    Last edited by ct; 07-03-2019, 09:47 AM.

Hello ct,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader has logic that checks if there is some consistency in data which will prevent another data request. It is possible where if the platform is offline for a period of time where there is a gap, but NinjaTrader does not know that there is a gap and new data will not be requested.

In order for NinjaTrader to know for certain if there is a gap, it would have to fully re-request that data and compare it with what is saved on the platform. We do have a feature request pushing interest to find a better way to do this in future versions of NinjaTrader. The ticket ID is SFT-1627 and I have added a vote on your behalf.

In the meantime, I suggest opening a tick chart for that period of time and to select Reload All Historical Data to ensure any gaps are filled if you see any.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim

Thanks. Sounds like a known issue. I wouldn't expect Ninja to speed much time on Ninja 7 but maybe address it in Ninja 8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses
      1 view