Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Manually closed a position and ended up with a reverse position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually closed a position and ended up with a reverse position?

Hi - I went long with an ATM. I manually hit the Close button on the Chart Trader. To my surprise, I ended up with a short position with no ATM.

After doing a lot of forum searching, I came across this thread:
    Support for the development of custom automated trading strategies using NinjaScript.

Questions:
    1. Could I have double-clicked on the Close button manually and somehow been left with a reverse position?
    2. Why does this occur? The Close button should not initiate any new positions, correct?
    3. Will this issue of initiating a reverse position also occur if I use Flatten All?

I was not able to reproduce this issue. Can someone from NT explain the difference between Close and Flatten All?

It seems each click of Close sends a reverse position signal to the server? There is no check whether there is an open position or not before the Close signal is sent?

Hello jtrading82,

Thanks for writing in.

1. Yes, this is possible. The close command sends a market order, if you click it many times in quick succession it could send multiple orders, which may leave you in a position in the opposite direction you were in.

2. This occurs because the close command submits a market order on the other side of the market to exit you from your position.

3. The flatten everything does the same thing as the close position except on all positions, it submits market orders on the opposite side of the market in order to exit your position.

You can find more information in the In flight executions section of our help guide here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...trading_wi.htm
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses