Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Strategies working with only Market Analyzer and one chart

Hi NT,

I'm aware that this doubt might sound silly to you but sometimes technical details might create an undesired situation.

I'm planning to go live with my strategy split into 4 instruments that are within the Market Analyzer windows that is linked to one chart.
    Since I've noticed that the data's instrument really is loaded and saved to the database when:
    1) you call the chart by click on the instrument in the market analyzer or 2) you have an additional opened chart for each active instrument.

So, having said that, I have this doubt. If I have only the market analyzer windows, and run my strategy for each instrument without any chart opened, despite the comin data is not being saved to the database, Can I have the guaranteed that all data coming from the broker is really read by the strategy, or might it be a slight possibility that some data is not processed by the strategy?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thanks for your post.

Strategies will run in realtime off of an instrument thread which handles the incoming data. A chart will not have to be open for the strategy to process data - You could enable each strategy from your Control Center and they will not be tied to a specific chart. You could even elect to only have the Control Center open with your strategies applied to it and the strategies will function the same.

Enabling Strategies from the Control Center - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_strateg2.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post nandhumca  
    Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes