Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaluating Ninjatrader

Dear Ninjatrader,

I hope its ok if i post those questions here because I have already sent you an email but i thought maybe others have the same questions...
    We are an asset management firm out of switzerland! We focus on proprietary trading systems that are fully automated!
    We find your platform very interesting and want to find out if its the right platform for us to code our strategies to generate orders and then have those orders automatically executed via Interactive Brokers!

Important factors for us are:

1.) a) Do you provide automatic orderrouting with Interactive Brokers?
    b) If yes, does this automatic orderrouting with Interactive Brokers also work for financial advisor accounts? At Interactive Brokers a normal account is treated different than a Financial Advisor account!
    2.) a.)Is it possible to also generate orders in your platform for FOREX?
    b.) Therefore, do you provide the FOREX price feeds from Interactive Brokers?
    3.) a)Which other brokerages are connected with Ninjatrader to automatically execute orders?
    b) Do you provide automatic orderrouting for MF Global and its Financial Advirsor Accounts?
    4.) a)Can Ninjatrader act as a "bridge" between TradeSignal which is very similar to TradeStation, and Interactive Brokers to automatically execute trades on IB´s Financial Advisor accounts?
    b) Does the above question work with TradeStation? This could give us a hint if this might also work with TradeSignal in case you dont know TradeSignal;
    5.) a) How much different is the codinglanguage of NinjaTrader from TradeStation/TradeSignal? Im asking this in regards to the learningcurve that will be involved for our coders...
    6.) Is there a phonenumber we could call?

We thank you in advance for your time in answering those critical questions. We have high hopes that Ninjatrader will be what we have always been looking for!
    All the best and thanks a lot!

SwissTrader101

Hi SwissTrader101:

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum!

NinjaTrader does supported automated trading with both Interactive Brokers and MF Global accounts.

NinjaTrader can also be used as an automated trading interface between Tradestation and a NinjaTrader supported brokerage.

I received your questions in an email to our sales email address and I will answer your questions in full detail and send you a direct reply back.

Thank you again for your post and I look forward to assisting you with your NinjaTrader setup!
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, you guys are doing a great job! I have received two answers within minutes of writing you! Great customer support!
      I was told by Jessica that I could create my own automated trading system with the strategy wizard WITHOUT any coding experience? Is this really true or do i misunderstand something here? This sounds almost too good to be true ;-) ...
      When is the next 8-hour webinar that teaches about the strategy wizard and is there a recording that i could buy?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
      Hi SwissTrader101:

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum!

NinjaTrader does supported automated trading with both Interactive Brokers and MF Global accounts.

NinjaTrader can also be used as an automated trading interface between Tradestation and a NinjaTrader supported brokerage.

I received your questions in an email to our sales email address and I will answer your questions in full detail and send you a direct reply back.

Thank you again for your post and I look forward to assisting you with your NinjaTrader setup!

Comment

Hi SwissTrader101:

I just sent you a reply to your questions via email. I wanted to also post the answers here in case other NinjaTrader users see this post and could use the answers for thier own reference.

Please see my responses below your questions along with a link to our help guide on using the Strategy Wizard with no programming experience.

I do not have an ETA on the next NinjaScript strategy development course, but will send out an announcement when we have a confirmed date/time.

Thanks again for your nice comments!

RS: NinjaTrader can be used for free for system and strategy development and automate trading until you wish to submit live orders through your Interactive Brokers account.

More information on automated trading can be found here:

And here:

b) If yes, does this automatic orderrouting with Interactive Brokers also work for financial advisor accounts? At Interactive Brokers a normal account is treated different than a Financial Advisor account!

RS: Yes, this is possible. NinjaTrader will route the orders to your specific account and you can also create an Account Group where orders can be submitted to multiple accounts at the same time.

Click here for more information on setting up an Account Group:

RS: Yes, you can run an automated strategy with your IB account for both futures, forex and equities.

RS: Yes.
        3.) a)Which other brokerages are connected with Ninjatrader to automatically execute orders?

RS:

b) Do you provide automatic orderrouting for MF Global and its Financial Advirsor Accounts?

RS: Yes, MF Global is a supported NinjaTrader brokerage.

4.) a)Can Ninjatrader act as a "bridge" between TradeSignal which is very similar to TradeStation, and Interactive Brokers to automatically execute trades on IB´s Financial Advisor accounts?

RS: Yes. NinjaTrader offers an interface with Tradestation for routing TS buy/sell signals into NinjaTrader via an email or a DLL interface.
        Click here for setup instructions on using the TS email interface:

As per TradeSignal, I am not familiar with thier software, but click on the link below for information on how to setup an automated trading interface via a DLL, .NET or COM inteface.

b) Does the above question work with TradeStation? This could give us a hint if this might also work with TradeSignal in case you dont know TradeSignal;

RS: Yes, see response to 4a.

5.) a) How much different is the codinglanguage of NinjaTrader from TradeStation/TradeSignal? Im asking this in regards to the learningcurve that will be involved for our coders...

RS: NinjaTrader's programming language is called NinjaSCript and it is based on Microsoft C# programming.

I have included the links below for starting with NinjaScript and also our Strategy Wizard, which requires no programming knowledge since NT will write the code for you when using the Strategy Wizard.
        NinjaScript Development:

Strategy Wizard:

RS: In order to keep subscription costs affordable for our users, our support and sales policy is to handle all incoming requests electronically.

Over 98% of all inquiries can be resolved electronically.

That does not mean that NinjaTrader does not offer phone support.

We are more than happy to give clients a phone call if needed and also offer remote assistance to login to your pc to help resolve items that cannot be resolved via email.

Enjoy your day and happy trading!

Comment

hi Ryan,

thanks again!
          Im already sold to NT :-)!
          One question: does this strategy wizard also allow me to create my own automated trading system based on pure mathematics? I dont need any indicators that are pre-coded but only my own mathematical formula! Can i create this in the strategy wizard or would this require coding it in C#?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hi SwissTrader101:

I just sent you a reply to your questions via email. I wanted to also post the answers here in case other NinjaTrader users see this post and could use the answers for thier own reference.

Please see my responses below your questions along with a link to our help guide on using the Strategy Wizard with no programming experience.

I do not have an ETA on the next NinjaScript strategy development course, but will send out an announcement when we have a confirmed date/time.

Thanks again for your nice comments!

RS: NinjaTrader can be used for free for system and strategy development and automate trading until you wish to submit live orders through your Interactive Brokers account.

More information on automated trading can be found here:

And here:

RS: Yes, this is possible. NinjaTrader will route the orders to your specific account and you can also create an Account Group where orders can be submitted to multiple accounts at the same time.

Click here for more information on setting up an Account Group:

RS: Yes, you can run an automated strategy with your IB account for both futures, forex and equities.

RS: Yes.

RS:

RS: Yes, MF Global is a supported NinjaTrader brokerage.

RS: Yes. NinjaTrader offers an interface with Tradestation for routing TS buy/sell signals into NinjaTrader via an email or a DLL interface.
          Click here for setup instructions on using the TS email interface:

As per TradeSignal, I am not familiar with thier software, but click on the link below for information on how to setup an automated trading interface via a DLL, .NET or COM inteface.

RS: Yes, see response to 4a.

RS: NinjaTrader's programming language is called NinjaSCript and it is based on Microsoft C# programming.

I have included the links below for starting with NinjaScript and also our Strategy Wizard, which requires no programming knowledge since NT will write the code for you when using the Strategy Wizard.
          NinjaScript Development:

Strategy Wizard:

RS: In order to keep subscription costs affordable for our users, our support and sales policy is to handle all incoming requests electronically.

Over 98% of all inquiries can be resolved electronically.

That does not mean that NinjaTrader does not offer phone support.

We are more than happy to give clients a phone call if needed and also offer remote assistance to login to your pc to help resolve items that cannot be resolved via email.

Enjoy your day and happy trading!

Comment

Hello:

This would require C# programming.

Comment

ok, thats what i thought!
              how could i protect my mathematical formula if i would use one of your consultants (our coders dont code in C#)? any ideas?
              when is the next 8 hour webinar and can i buy a recording?

Comment

In terms of protecting your formula you will need to discuss that with the 3rd party consultants on the terms of the contract work. Maybe have them sign a non-disclosure agreement of sorts.

The next 8 hr seminar is TBA and there are no recordings I am aware of at this time.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

problem with NJ

There is one problem with Ninja for IB.

NJ does not work with IB, if the IB account needs a security password card/device for login.

One can get this cancelled from IB, but you need to sign an agreement that waive right for compensation. This is scary! And Ninja needs to fix this.

Below are the words from IB

IB STRONGLY URGES our customers to participate in the Secure Transaction Program. Please be aware, however, that if you choose NOT to accept an Identity Token and NOT to participate in the Secure Transaction Program, you must understand and acknowledge that IB will NOT compensate you and will NOT credit your account in the event that your account is compromised by hackers or identity thieves.

Comment

Just login manually to TWS first (using your card device) and next connect NT to IB and you should be good.

We likely won't implement card device handling to make NT autostart TWS using card device setup.

Comment

Dierk,

That doesn't work, even though I have enabled active X and added the trusted source etc., It remains "connecting" forever.

Exact same setting works fine for simulated IB without security card access
                      Last edited by vk2205; 09-27-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately we would not know why. At this time, we do not have an account with a security id card to be able to reproduce.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello vk2205:

Thank you for your post.

Our tech support team has done remote assistance with IB clients who use a security key to login to their IB TWS.

We have seen a successful connection to NinjaTrader.

Please send your inquiry to support @ ninjatrader dot com and put Attn: Ryan in the subject and request a scheduled phone call.

We will follow up with you on Monday, perhaps you are unable to connect due to an incorrect version of TWS (must use TWS Standalone 887 with the current release of NinjaTrader).

More connection details can be found in the link below:

Comment

Hello Ryan,

my situation is the following:
                            Our coders dont code on C# and right now I would have a hard time convincing our board to employ other coders because the coders know every bit of the strategy and the board obviously wants to protect the mathematical formula behind the strategy!
                            The question now is, since NT works also as a bridge between Tradestation and NT, would it be possible to do the same with our software that we currently use called TradeSignal.com ?Tradesignal is very, very similar to tradestation (the coding languages are basically the same)!
                            What if we code our strategy on TradeStation and then use NT to route our orders to IB´s Financial Advisor account?
                            If we code our strategy on TradeStation and link it to IB with NT, would we also be able to trade Forex? We could only trade forex if we would get the pricefeeds of IB into tradestation...

Comment

I am not familiar with TradeSignal, but we have a DLL interface that external application can access to submit orders through NinjaTrader to their broker desitination,in your case IB. Please have your developers check out our Help Guide's Automated Trading section. You could not get IB FX feed into TradeStation.
                              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes