• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy not refreshing on focus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy not refreshing on focus

I might be doing something wrong here, but I wouldn't know exactly what it is because the strategy compiled correctly, and it appears to work fine in chart window, but when I try to select the strategy in Strategy Analyzer, the Parameters do not update with the new strategy parameters.

Ex.

If I select from the back test drop down Custom Strategy 1, the parameters change to show the available exposed paremeter for strategy 1.

If I change to custom stragey 2, the parameters still show the first set from strategy 1.

If I go to custom strategy 3, it shows parameters for strategy 3.

It would seem that something is wrong with my strategy 2. But i have been combing over line by line for the past hour and the structure is exactly the same as the rest. Eventually I have commented out almost all the code, and it still does not refresh. I also tried renaming it as a new strategy and recompiling, same thing.

Any ideas of what to look for?

Sounds like some declaration may have been screwed up. Perhaps you could try copying out all the logic parts inside OnBarUpdate() and just create a completely new strategy to put it back into.
    JoshNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      Sounds like some declaration may have been screwed up. Perhaps you could try copying out all the logic parts inside OnBarUpdate() and just create a completely new strategy to put it back into.
      OK, I found the offending line (typo, but still a valid statement). It was in the declaration section. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pitifak, Today, 01:01 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post pitifak
        by pitifak