NT7 Extremely Slow to Open, Switch Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Extremely Slow to Open, Switch Connections

I have tried many ideas I've seen here (delete Untitled1.xml, delete _Workspaces.xml, eliminate connections that start automatically, etc.) but nothing seems to help this problem. Starting NT7 takes an unacceptably long time. The log file is fine until it gets to "Connecting to NinjaTrader data server", then it sits there for 10-15 minutes and finally connects.

Disconnecting/Connecting to Market Replay and NinjaTrader Continuum likewise takes several minutes. Yesterday I reinstalled NT7 and completely rebuilt my installation, only installing what I'm actually using. No help.

I've attached the zipped Log and Trace files that were created yesterday and today. Please help me get this resolved. I cannot migrate to NT8 yet because I use SharkIndicators and they're still in beta. I am wasting literally hours each day (therefore not making any money!!!) trying to work around this...yesterday it took the entire day to rebuild everything I needed into the build, and there are still things missing like commissions and instruments that I have yet to complete. I have done that exercise twice in the past month, to no avail.

I have a Lenovo X510 desktop running Win7-64 and 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-4770K CPU so it's not my machine. My Xfinity connection runs in the area of 90-95 MBPS down, so it's not my network. Please assign this ticket to an experienced rep who can help me get it fixed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanS; 04-04-2018, 06:28 PM.

Hello gdstuart,

Thanks for writing in.

I've removed your log and trace files after downloading them as they contain personal information that you may not want being shared on a public forum.

I'd like to continue troubleshooting with you via email, please write in to platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com and include a link to this forum post in the body of your email.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses