Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global cross hair - Ninja 7

Hello,
    This is specific to Ninja 7. Most still use Ninja 7 and i'm sure most will stick with this forever.
    The first time I wrote about this problem was 10 years ago, in 2009. And someone promised to take care of this if i remember correctly. But 10 years later the problem still exists.
    Why global ch cannot be set within the instrument only? If i have multiple instruments on my chart and i move the mouse a bit then all my charts jumping and go nuts. I must adjust the charts all the time,non stop. Besides this is super annoying this is also takes time and focus from trading. How does this make any sense to your coders? Why is this not possible to program the global ch within the instrument only? Why 10 years later this was not fixed? Is this not possible to code?
    Thanks, Art.

In NinjaTrader 8, it is possible to configure global cross hairs to have 'no time scroll'. I believe this is what you're referring to. Here is a short video demonstration:

All of our development efforts are focused on NinjaTrader 8, so it is unlikely that this feature will ever be implemented into NinjaTrader 7. With that said, what you desire is most likely possible via custom NinjaScript. I could not find any solution when searching on our publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website, however, I encourage you to browse this website to see if you can find a solution.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thank you. As i mentioned it has been 10 years since i first asked this question. And Ninja 8 is not even close to Ninja 7 at this point.
      Why would user and/or customer find a script? In 10 years Ninja could not address this issue? And i have to find the script? If such script exists then why Ninja cannot adopt this script? This most likely free or cost pennies. Those who write the code for Ninja do they even try using Ninja? Do they test? Do you need real testers?
      To me global ch within the instrument is common sense. Why this not common sense for your coders? Are they happy with what they see? If yes then they probably need to be fired. Sooner or later Ninja will loose the competition if Ninja does not address simple and common sense issues. Rhetorical of course. Thank you, Art.

Comment

Is the feature I demonstrated in the video what you're looking for? If so, our developers decided to implement this into NinjaTrader 8 as NinjaTrader 8 is the future. Many features that users desired in NinjaTrader 7 have been added to NinjaTrader 8. Can you elaborate what you mean when you say "Ninja 8 is not even close to Ninja 7 at this point"?

NinjaTrader 7 is being maintained with critical updates but will not receive any feature updates as we focus on the future.

Comment

Hi,
          Why can't we change the color and the thickness of cursor line on NT 7 ?
          Thanks

Comment

This is simply not a feature available in NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 8, you can adjust these cross hair settings.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              This is simply not a feature available in NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 8, you can adjust these cross hair settings.
              Hi,
              Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Perr0Grande  
              Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
              0 responses