• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data feed stopped updating

Hi, at 6:39am pst the Amp/CQG data feed stopped updating

closed NinjaTrader after 2 minutes with an Open position,
    restarted NinjaTrader and all OK, except

how did the Sell icons' positions get reversed ?

anything I can 'click on' to restart the feed if it freezes again ?
    Attached Files

CRITICAL - anytime any unexpected behavior occurs while live trading, contact your broker's Orders Desk immediately so you may confirm and manage your live orders/positions

I suspect the order markers are off because NinjaTrader received an update from your broker when it reconnected about that order which then plotted on the charts. This likely was not the real fill time of the order. This is a visual issue only. You can confirm the actual fill times with your broker.

There is no quicker way then using the connect/disconnect menus or by restarting NinjaTrader.

I would suggest performing some general network troubleshooting to ensure your connection locally isn't contributing to the issues:
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Flush your DNS - Open a Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

Comment

AMP informed me that this is the second day of the NinjaTrader database problem

when do you expect the problem to be resolved ?

Comment

We have received no reports from CQG regarding server issues on their end. There are no server issues on our end. This is not occurring to all CQG-based NinjaTrader users.

This leaves three possible variables which could cause this symptom:
        • Local networking issues
        • Issues in the path between your PC and the CQG/NinjaTrader servers
        • Platform Issues

If the issues persist after following the instructions in my previous post, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may investigating what is occurring on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          We have received no reports from CQG .
          ' AMP informed me that this is the second day of the NinjaTrader database problem'

Comment

AMP is your broker who uses CQG as their underlying connection technology.

I was confirming the information that we know independent of your broker. For example, some NinjaTrader Brokerage clients that connect using a CQG-based connection are also experiencing this behavior.

Comment

where's the database, CQG, or NinjaTrader ?

Comment

It depends on what 'database' means exactly. I could not comment on why AMP did not provide further detail as to exactly what they were referring to.

The vast majority of users notice that the issue is resolved by following the connectivity troubleshooting (specifically, the DNS flush).

There have been some users who have resolved the issue by resetting their instruments. This would be included in the third bullet point (platform issues) of probable causes in post #4. Perhaps this is what AMP means by 'database'.

I could not say for certain what exactly caused the issue on your end because I don't have any specific information about your PC, internet connection, or NinjaTrader configuration. If you'd like to see if we can learn anything about why it may have occurred specifically in your case. please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

so what you're saying Patrick G is that the problem
                  has nothing to do with NinjaTrader

is that correct ?

Comment

I cannot say with 100% certainty that a platform issue would not cause this. I can report that the vast majority of cases we've seen so far experiencing this issue have been intermittent networking issues.

Comment

well let's hope it stops pdq

Comment

reporting there was another data feed freeze at 7:08am pst

after a minute or so the feed began to stop and start, then juddered and finally
                        flowed freely

did a 'reset instruments', shut down and ran the DNS flush and shut the computer down

re-start and charts updating ok

any additional information why this problem is continuing ?

Comment

I could not say for certain what exactly caused the issue on your end because I don't have any specific information about your PC, internet connection, or NinjaTrader configuration.

There are no other users at this time reporting connectivity issues.

If you'd like to see if we can learn anything about why it may have occurred specifically in your case. please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB