Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts not displaying history. Reload historical data grayed out. Time sensitive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not displaying history. Reload historical data grayed out. Time sensitive.

Greetings,

I am having an issue where none of my charts will display any historical data at all. The reload historical data field is grayed out and can't be accessed. This is happening across MES 09, ES 09, MEQ 09 as well as others. It starts displaying data from the time I sign in, nothing historical even though all the charts are set (and confirmed) to be displaying historical data. I have done the following....

Signed out of NT, gone to NT folder, deleted contents of cache and other files in DB folder...

Signed out of Windows seven and back in, repeated above steps with DB folder and still no success.

Using NT 7.0 1000.40

I'm a user of about 10 years and have seen this rarely in the past, but in the past running the steps above have corrected the situation.

There is clearly an issue here as the "reload historical data" is grayed out on ALL charts (minute, tick, hourly, etc).

Here is a screen shot of an hourly chart set up to display at least 30 days of data.

Please help. Time sensitive.

DSF
    Last edited by dallasstarsfan; 08-01-2019, 12:28 PM.

Hello dallasstarsfan,

Thanks for your post and length of use!

When the "Reload historical data" is grayed out, this would indicate that the platform is disconnected from the Historical data server. This event would also be noted in the "Log" tab of the control center.

A typical reset process would be:

1) Shutdown NinjaTrader
    2) Shutdown your PC entirely
    3) Shutdown your modem/router
    4) wait a few seconds and restart.

The NinjaTrader platform connects to multiple severs and it is possible that some connection point (hop) between your PC and the Historical data server may not be functioning at the moment you connected. Restarting all usually will get you a new routing.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks resolved the issue. Thanks you. I have one additional question...

Is there an area on the NT site where solutions like this to common problems are posted? The response time was good and I'm happy with support and the softwar; however, a section dedicated to common issue might have saved me some time and freed up NT resources for those unwilling to troubleshoot on their own. If that area exist I would like to know where on the site it is located. If it doesn't exist maybe it's something that management can consider in the future?

As always, thanks for great support and a solid platform.

DSF

Comment

Hello dallasstarsfan,

Thanks for your reply.

In this particular case it was straightforward and in most cases it is not a direct "if this do that type" of scenario.

Thanks for your your thoughtful suggestion, we appreciate it.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes