Problem with Ninjatrader 7 demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Ninjatrader 7 demo

Hello, I just started using Ninjatrader demo and it seems to have a problem loading the data.

It loads the chart with all the indicators, but it takes too much time to register a change in the tick bars and even worst all those changes are registered in the same bar, so after an hour I get a really long bar that doesn't move forward.

I've tried placing orders but since all the changes in tick bars are done in just one bar I can't really see where the price is at, although I can see that the price is moving in the price indicator at the right side of the screen.

I need to know if this a regular problem or if this is how the demo is supposed to look like before I start with a live account.

(I use 610 tick, Hilo bar)

Thank you in advance.

What you're describing is not what I would call 'regular'. We'll need to learn more to find out why you're experiencing this symptom.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 09-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • Does this occur on time-based bars like 5 minute? Or does it seem isolated to tick-based bars?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report
    Please provide a screenshot of the 'long bar' symptom you're referring to:
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response, here is the data:

1 - 2.0.50727.8941
      2 - Ninja Trader Continuum
      3 - ES 09-19
      4 - 610 ticks
      5 - No, I have not received any error on the screen.

I have attached 4 images, I used a vertical line so you could see that is not moving forward at all.

Attached Files

Comment

Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report

You've provided me with the .NET version, not the NinjaTrader version. Go back to the Help > About screen and look at the top of this window. You'll see a number in the following format: 7.0.1000.?. What is your version?

Does this symptom occur if you load a time-based chart like 5 minutes?

If you create a new chart with no templates or add-ons, are you able to reproduce this symptom?

Comment

No errors appear on the Log tab.

Sorry, my bad, 7.0.1000.40.

It also happens on a 5 minutes time-based chart and on new charts with no templates.

Comment

I see now that the issue is actually the fact that you're plotting ES 12-19 (not ES 09-19 as you stated).

The ES 12-19 doesn't rollover in NinjaTrader until September 12th. If you want to rollover before that and continue to merge past contracts, you will need to adjust the rollover date to any date prior to today. See the video below on how to do this:If you do not want your charts to merge back past contracts, you can change your merge policy to Do Not Merge under Tools> Options> Data

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding Merge Policies section of the help guide.

Comment

Thank you very much, It was my bad.

Still trying to understand the program.

Again, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED