Yesterday's trade history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday's trade history

Sorry to ask something so obvious, but I haven't been able to find exactly the information to confirm what I suspect. Does NT7 really discard one's trade history, either at the change of date or upon shutting down the session? How about NT8? If so, it severely reduces NT's value to someone who wants to spend his time and energy studying trading instead of studying coding or fumbling with software obscurities. Thanks. Breen

Hello PBreen,

Thank you for your post.

No. NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 do not discard trade history, either at the change of date or upon shutting down the session.

The Account Performance Tab in NinjaTrader 7 allows you to generate customized performance data against your trade history for a selected account. Performance data is displayed in the Performance Data tabs and as efficiency graphs.

In NinjaTrader 8 you could use the Trade Performance window. You could go to New > Trade Performance and generate a report of your trades.

Here is the Trade Performance Help Guide and Trade Performance Window tutorial to assist you further.

NinjaTrader 8 - Trade Performance - YouTube

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. Thanks for your help. What I most wish to do is generate a list of orders from yesterday. I began trading around 8:15 New York time and continued at the computer until the RTH close at 4:15. With your encouragement, I have managed to call up my orders from 8/22 through 8/24, when of course there have not been any. The trades for 8/22 appear correct. There are fewer than I would have said, but my memory has always been somewhat defective. The trades for 8/23 appear only from 2:31:36 to 3:49:32. That ending time sounds about right. The starting time does not. There should be well over a dozen scalp trades between 8:15 and, at a guess, 10:30 and a few bursts of activity between then and 2:30. I will look at the help guide, but this does not sound like the sort of issue I would expect it to cover. Any further thoughts? Thanks again. PBreen

Comment

Hello PBreen,

Thanks for your post.

Trades in a Trade Performance report are paired together from executions in a FIFO fashion. I may suggest moving the start date of the report so it begins at a point where you know you are flat to ensure that trades are paired accurately.

I also suggest looking at the Executions tab as well to see specifically where the buys and sells have happened. NinjaTrader must be running and connected to see trades/executions that have taken place and record them in the database. If you see the specific executions on this tab, you know they are recorded in the database and you will know that they will be paired to create Trades in the Trades tab.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post mmenigma  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        9 responses