Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot find an instrument with Instrument manager which appears under the Pats button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot find an instrument with Instrument manager which appears under the Pats button

Dear Support,

When I open the "instrument manager", I can see a button with PATS containing all the instuments available (Name, Exchange, Expiry, Pats symbol) - see attached file.

One of this instrument is named VF-CAC40S and Pats ymbol is J-FCE. However when I entered either VF-CAC40 S or J-FCE in the "name: " text window and then clicked on "Search", I got nothing.

So, what to do in order to be able to fin J-FCE with the instrument manager?

Thank you very much
    Attached Files

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

Dear Patrick

The version is 7.0.1000.39
      I am connected to patsystems

Regards

Comment

First, I see that you're running an older version of NinjaTrader 7. The newer version contains many critical updates to the database. Please update NinjaTrader 7 and reset your instruments:

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
        The 'Pats' button shows all instruments you are enabled for. That does not mean that the instruments are in the database though so if you try searching for it there may not be results.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH