TSX Index and IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSX Index and IB

How do I get the TSX Index to show up For IB?
    I have set it up as an Index with symbol TSX, default and tsx and tried tse exchange and still nothing comes up? I am able to pull a chart in TWS here is a pic with settings!
    Attached Files

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

This is not a built in instrument in the NinjaTrader database, so it would require custom configuration. Can you send a screenshot of the instrument's configuration on your end?

Also, please go into further detail about what you've tried so far to successfully pull this data into NinjaTrader

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

NT version 7.0.1000.37

So far I tried using Index as INDEX and STOCK as instrument, also tried TSX and TSE as exchanges, tried changing symbol to TSX.TO as for some reason when I add TSX and INDEX as instrument it add a TSX Stock as you can see in the screen shot.

I have submitted a pic of the errors
      Attached Files

Comment

One possible reason the stocks are being creating is if you're manually typing in 'TSX' into a chart window. This causes NinjaTrader to create a stock with default settings and would not be using the custom instrument you've created.

It is also very important that you're disconnected from Interactive Brokers when creating or editing an instrument. Doing either while connected can cause 'ghost' instruments to appear.

I would recommend deleting both of the TSX stocks from the Instrument Manager and creating a new instrument.

Then, to test, make sure that you first switch your charts (or other window you're testing from) to a known working instrument. Then, after adding the new instrument you created to the default instrument list, switching to that new instrument from the instrument drop down list (not by typing it in).

What mapping have you tried so far? I would expect the most likely settings to work would be the following:

I have been trying to successfully map this instrument for some time now, and I am not sure that it can be mapped. I am unsure if this is a limitation of the account I have access to or just a limitation in general with this custom instrument we're trying to map.

Within your Trader Workstation, what do you see in your monitor list if you add TSX? I am noticing a small symbol just to the right of the instrument name informing me during hover-over that this is 'Calculated index price':

Do you notice any messages within your TWS which display this message? Or is there a message which displays regarding delayed data if you hover over the price displayed in this same row?

Comment

What mapping have you tried so far? I would expect the most likely settings to work would be the following:
          Definition tab: https://www.screencast.com/t/lszbZihjs7
          Misc tab: https://www.screencast.com/t/OJD26p49ZQW
          Yes I have used both and tried TSE exchange with no luck

Within your Trader Workstation, what do you see in your monitor list if you add TSX? I am noticing a small symbol just to the right of the instrument name informing me during hover-over that this is 'Calculated index price':

Do you notice any messages within your TWS which display this message? Or is there a message which displays regarding delayed data if you hover over the price displayed in this same row?
          What I get is
          TSX Index
          S&P TSX Composite Index

I will try later to disconnect and try adding again and report back later!
          What I would like to do is overlay this on my TSX stocks that I watch!

Thanks

Comment

One possible reason the stocks are being creating is if you're manually typing in 'TSX' into a chart window. This causes NinjaTrader to create a stock with default settings and would not be using the custom instrument you've created.

It is also very important that you're disconnected from Interactive Brokers when creating or editing an instrument. Doing either while connected can cause 'ghost' instruments to appear.

I would recommend deleting both of the TSX stocks from the Instrument Manager and creating a new instrument.

Then, to test, make sure that you first switch your charts (or other window you're testing from) to a known working instrument. Then, after adding the new instrument you created to the default instrument list, switching to that new instrument from the instrument drop down list (not by typing it in).
            This worked
            Symbol comes up as ^TSX if anyone else wants to know!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AveryFlynn  
            Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes