Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Add Feature in NT7

Hello,

While trading the futures market using NT7, because the intraday markets often move very fast, oftentimes the price action will go off my screen (Tick charts) as I am contemplating entering a trade.

Then by the time I center all my main chart screens, I've often missed the price move and so enter the trade too late and end up with a losing trade, instead of the winning trade I would've had, if I could've entered earlier.

Screenshot attached.

Trading is a hard enough serious game as it is, without having to scramble to do things that should already exist to allow us to be efficient and more safe.

Please allow us to be able to choose to automatically center the price on the chart in NT7 as is available in NT8.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

To have the chart automatically adjust with prices, right click in the Y axis and change the 'Range' option to 'automatic'.

Note that if you make any adjustments to the Y axis, it will lock in a fixed range which could cause prices to deviate from the view-able range. To revert back to automatic, you can click the little 'F' that appears in the top right of the Y axis.

I've included a link to our helpguide with further details on navigating charts for your reference:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you said, but when I right-clicked and selected Properties... all my charts were already set to 'Automatic'.

And with that setting, when there is a big fast price move, the price and my indicators go off the chart on at least two or three of my Tick charts.

My settings for my Chart Panel Properties are:

Range: Automatic
      Based on: ScreenDateRange
      Horizontal grid lines interval type: Points
      Horizontal grid lines interval value: 0
      Margin type: Percent
      Margin lower: 3
      Margin upper: 3
      Type: Linear

Screenshot attached.

I always do click on the 'F' that appears at the top of the chart, or I Control > click and move it manually, but to do that for three or four charts during a big fast price move takes time, and then oftentimes the price then again moves outside of my view-able sight and I have to scramble to press 'F' on three charts again, and so on.

And after all that unnecessary scrambling to try to see what the price is doing on three or four charts, one at a time, I will usually be entering the trade late.

And so I still request that you folks please add the feature to be able to set each chart to have the price center automatically.

Thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

Update:

Hi Ryan,

Your solution seems to work now. For some reason my setting of automatic would switch back to 'fixed' and that is when the price would go off screen.

I think the setting switches from automatic to fixed when I adjust the scale of a chart vertically; so I need to remember not to touch my charts and to just let them be.

Thanks for the solution.

Comment

As soon as you move the Y axis, the setting reverts to fixed. Normal behavior.
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi eDanny,

Yes, you are right.

That's why having the option to have each chart auto-center, like in NT8, would be helpful.

Because then we could scale a chart vertically and so on, and not have to worry about it re-setting.

Comment

Hello,

You can enable the 'center price on scale' in the data series menu which will keep the price centered on the Y axis no matter what adjustments you make to the vertical scale.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

In NT7? I don't see that option.

Screenshot attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

My apologies, this was a feature added for NinjaTrader 8, so this would not be available in NinjaTrader 7.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes