Setting Stoploss for order entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Stoploss for order entry

I've checked the Properties for my SuperDoms and it is set to a value of '1' for "Stop Limit Offset".

When I enter an order, it is setting a 20 tick stop offset for the ES as an example.

What do I need to do to get this set to my goal of 1 tick?

Hello RandT,

The "Stop limit offset" option only applies for stop limit orders you submit manually.

Globex only accepts stop limit orders as stop losses and I believe they use a default offset of 20 ticks.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello RandT,

The "Stop limit offset" option only applies for stop limit orders you submit manually.

Globex only accepts stop limit orders as stop losses and I believe they use a default offset of 20 ticks.
      Not sure I follow you.

This has always worked as expected when using ZLT DOM, so I know it is possible. www.zerolinetrader.com

All I am asking is that the bracket OCO orders that get entered once the trade is filled are set with a 1 tick offset for the limit. This is order entry via IB API and I know it can be done.

I have noticed if I go into IB after the order is entered and change the offset of the limit that it honors that limit as I change the stops through the SuperDOM.

I cannot imagine that Globex (or any other market) would require a 5 POINT OFFSET. What would the point be of even setting a limit to your stop limit orders?

Comment

Hello RandyT,

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post geddyisodin  
        Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes