• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Crash During Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash During Restore

Good evening everyone.

I was trying to transfer my databases to my new computer and ran into some issues. When I try to restore the backup file it crashes. I make it to around 80% complete and it stops loading any further and just crashes when I try to do anything. It's crashing while loading tick data which I have 4gb worth of.

Hello magnatauren,
    Can you please clarify if you go to Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > db > can you manually transfer your database file to secondary computer. Please only transfer the NinjaTrader.sdf file (this may only read as NinjaTrader).
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ryan,

Unfortunately That doesn't transfer the tick data. My tick data is over 2 GB but my Ninjatrader.sdf is only 500MB.

Comment

Hello magnatauren,
        You may try transferring the Tick folder to the other computers Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db.

Comment

I'm trying to zip it first but when i try to extract it I crash just like with NT. It happens no matter how or what program I use to do it.

Comment

Hello magnatauren,
            Can you please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and in the body of the email can you please include:
            ATTN: RyanM
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=109591

Comment

Sorry for not getting back or emailing. I'd actually figured out a way to get the transfers to work. The massive number of files is what was causing the issue. I was able to resolve it by writing a few scripts to zip each folder individually and then zip all of those. The core to the script was this line here:

Compress:
              for /d %%X in (*) do "c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "%%X.7z" "%%X\" -aoa
              Extract:
              for /d %%X in (*) do "c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e "%%X.7z" "%%X" -aoa -o"%%X\"
              Zipping them all at once caused the same issue just because there was just such a massive number of files. Using a for loop like this treated each folder as a separate instance and therefore wouldn't crash due to a file overload.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by brian meade, Today, 01:39 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post brian meade  
              Started by Johnny Santiago, Today, 12:20 PM
              1 response
              0 likes