Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing bars in NT7 when using live data from IB

Hi,

I've been looking at charts of MES and it seems that when running live (from live data through IB API), there are several missing bars. Upon letting the chart run for some time, it looks like the data is grouped in the wrong way (last pic) compared to the IB's charts.

I've attached images below of today's MES trading session with this post.

MES is just an example. I also tried using stocks (AAPL) - they have the same missing/wrong grouping result.

I'm using the most recent version of NT7 (version no. ending with 40) - also tried re-installing NT7 by downloading fresh installer. Nothing changed.

I do not have any other live data access, so IB is the only test I can do.

Why is this happening? and is there anything else I should try?

What version of TWS are you using?

Does the issue persist if you right-click on your charts and choosing 'reload all historical data'?

I would also suggest syncing your PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      What version of TWS are you using?
      The latest one. Build 977.3f.

Does the issue persist if you right-click on your charts and choosing 'reload all historical data'?
      Yes. I just tried.

I would also suggest syncing your PC clock:
      • Shutdown NinjaTrader
      • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
      • Select Adjust date/time
      • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
      • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
      • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
      • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
      • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
      After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.
      Ok. I completed these steps (it was on server *.windows.com, I changed it to time.nist.gov - I'm not sure if this actually matters - either way, the updation was successful).

I just tied observing the behavior again, instead of just saying "missing bars", it looks like, when I start the chart (or immediately after reload all historical data is executed), the data is displayed correctly, but after a minute or so, it starts drawing on top of the last bar itself. The current price indicator on the right-side y-axis of the chart is correct (when compared to IB) but the candles it draws on the chart are not.

Edit: Here are some more screenshots to show that NT7 is just redrawing on the last loaded bar.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tmmr34; 10-03-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Please download and use the supported version of TWS (973.2):

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tion-973-2.exe

Does the symptom persist when using the supported version of TWS? If so, please clear your cache and test the behavior in safe mode:

To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
        • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
        To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace.

Please let me know the results of this test.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-03-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Please download and use the supported version of TWS (972.3):

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad...tion-973-2.exe

Does the symptom persist when using the supported version of TWS? If so, please clear your cache and test the behavior in safe mode:
          Yes. The problem still exists when I use the TWS version you recommended (installed via the link you provided).

To delete the cache, follow the steps below.
          • Shut down NinjaTrader.
          • Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
          • Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
          Ok, this part is done.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
          • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
          • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
          • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
          • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
          Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace.

Please let me know the results of this test.
          My problem is with NT7 and so I can't get your instructions to work - even if press CTRL - I don't see anything extra/special in the help>about menu. Are these steps supposed to work also for NT7? I googled around and found this: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...r-in-safe-mode - has there been any update that makes this work in NT7 yet?

Regarding workspace, I do not have any specific workspaces I'm working on - each time, I just open up a new chart and don't save any workspace when I quit (because I don't need it). So, I'm not sure if there is anything related to the workspace I can try.

To sum up the problem, it loads bars correctly when I click on "reload all historical data" and from that moment on, all the future bars are drawn/updated on the last bar in the chart.

So, I thought this was only a problem with NT7, but even in NT8, the bars are weird... I did the exact same steps you suggested (safe mode worked in NT8) and there are still bars missing. Please take a look at the AAPL chart comparison with IB and NT8 attached with this post.

Attached Files

Comment

I apologize - I incorrectly identified this post as being in the NT7 forums and made assumptions from there.

I do not experience this same symptom in either version of NinjaTrader.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2296354 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo
            by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes