Workspaces dissapear on load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces dissapear on load

This is the 5th time in 2 weeks ive had to rebuild my workspaces from scratch since they dissapear and are unloadable. This is really annoying. Is there a fix for this?

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About.

If you go to File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace, do you display all your workspaces. Please tell me what happens upon selecting a workspace this way. Do you receive an error?

Do you have NinjaTrader installed on a network perhaps?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i had the same issue on an emulator on a MAC - if you turn off the sharing of drives with the MAC the NT loads etc and when you go to load a default worksheet on startup it is not visible anywhere. Tired changing the display size to see if it was off screen anywhere and to no avail. Created new WS and then again and again - upon exiting it asks to save all the untitled and default sheets - but they are no where to be found - i gave up after messing with it for several hours

Comment

Hello jsshaffer

Please clarify what virtualization software you are running.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i am using paraells build 6.0.11826, on a mac OSX 10.6.4 running NT 6.5

Comment

Hello jsshaffer,

Could it be NinjaTrader starts with an empty Default workspace? Please note that only one workspace can be displayed on your monitor(s). Go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace displayed on your monitor(s). The other workspaces run in the background.

Do you see charts an other windows if you switch to a different workspace? More information regarding workspaces can be found at the link below.

Comment

thank - no i did that - it will show as many as 3 or 4 workspaces open all empty because i created them as new WS's. on exit it asks to save each and every one - but none can be seen anywhere.

btw - when you do install NT on a mac using an emulator it is imperative that you turn sharing of other drives off until you have successfully created a workspace that works. then you can turn sharing back on, but not before otherwise it will try to install the workspaces and bin files etc on the "network" drive,

Comment

Can you please create a new chart via Control Center-->File-->New-->Chart. Subsequently close NinjaTrader and select Yes when prompted to save workspaces.

Start NinjaTrader and let me know if the chart appears when the workspace in question is opened.

Comment

i had given given up and uninstalled NT etc/ i will let you know after i reinstall everything
                  Last edited by jsshaffer; 11-02-2010, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Ok chart and market analyzer now show up = gp figure - but even thought i had Traderscoach register the machine code again - it is not showing the ART indicators in the drop down menu for indicators

Comment

when i create a chart (MMM fro example) it does not populate with data even tho i connect with esignal. that and the workspaces are not visible upon save and reopen - no idea - wasted a ton of time ion this already

Comment

I am not sure if I follow anymore. You mentioned that a chart and Market Analyzer showed up. However subsequently you state again that workspaces are not visible.

What happens if you create a new chart, save the workspace and restart NinjaTrader. Does the chart show up once the workspace in question is opened?

Upon uninstalling NinjaTrader, did you manually delete the (My) Documents folder as well? If so, please re-install the third party indicators.

Do you receive real-time data if you select the MMM in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                          I am not sure if I follow anymore. You mentioned that a chart and Market Analyzer showed up. However subsequently you state again that workspaces are not visible.

i create a market analyzer - ART indicators are not showing but everything else is - when i save that MA as a WS and then try to reopen it - it disappears

What happens if you create a new chart, save the workspace and restart NinjaTrader. Does the chart show up once the workspace in question is opened?
                          charts are not what i use NT for - but no they do not return and MA/WS are showing that they are open but not showing

Upon uninstalling NinjaTrader, did you manually delete the (My) Documents folder as well? If so, please re-install the third party indicators.

of course

Do you receive real-time data if you select the MMM in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?
                          no i use e-signal as my data supplier

Comment

"i create a market analyzer - ART indicators are not showing but everything else is - when i save that MA as a WS and then try to reopen it - it disappears"

Do you see the workspace name reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center?

Can you please create another Market Analyzer and save your workspace. Subsequently send me the workspace. You can find workspaces at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces.

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Do you see the indicators at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators?

If not, I suggest to install them once more and check if you see them listed. Make sure folder sharing is unchecked as per Parallels.

Do you receive data for the MMM in eSignal?

Comment

Do you see the workspace name reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center?

yes see jpg in email

Can you please create another Market Analyzer and save your workspace. Subsequently send me the workspace. You can find workspaces at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces.

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.
                              sending it now

Do you see the indicators at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators?
                              i do - see jpg in email - EXCEPT the ART indicators from traderscoach.com is not there and the machine is registered with them and it use to work on this machine but the last update on NT6.5 killed it

If not, I suggest to install them once more and check if you see them listed. Make sure folder sharing is unchecked as per Parallels.

Do you receive data for the MMM in eSignal?[/QUOTE]
                              no i do not

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes