Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyrunner wireless for trading

Hi Ninja Support team,

I was wondering if you have any information about traders who've used wireless high speed internet tranmissions for trading. I have had numerous problems with my computer since i have used this type of connectivity.

I currently use Sky Runner, its very fast, but my computer freezes up when placing trades, causing me to have to reboot to regain connectivity. Sky Runner says they use "radio wireless" from a radio tower.

This is just about the only high speed service I have in my area and would like to know what you may know of this type of service for trading.

What could possibly be done to stabilize this type of service? Has anyone had this service or similar before?

Thank you for any assistance you could provide.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information on this ISP. I am not sure how this ISP works, but do you receive the internet connection directly from this radio tower or do you have a modem/router at home?

In addition, please ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements listed at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

cableman,

I would not suspect your computer freezing while placing trades has anything to do with Sky Runner. All you are doing is sending / receiving data with your wireless.

If you feel something is wrong with your Sky Runner connection, I would suggest going to www.dslreports.com and running a test on your ISP connection.

If your computer doesn't freeze when you're on this forum, or running that test, chances are the function of sending / receiving data is working properly.

I suspect something is going on with NT and its use of .NET, or low system resources (as Jason has suggested). Additionally, I recommend checking that you have the any service packs for the .NET Framework EXCEPT FOR 3.5!! Do not download anything relating to .NET 3.5 (Microsoft has a problem with that one).

keep us updated
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Skyrunner wireless for trading

Thank you jason and mrlogik

I will try your suggestions and get back to you. i think I have a router. My IB IT staff will help look into this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh