Zen-Fire historical data suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire historical data suggestions

I am frustrated with Zen-Fire. I love the speed as far as execution, not many freeze-ups etc. My problem is the lack of historical data. I want a real daily chart like @es continuous contract. Not ES 12-08 and 1440 minute bars. That is not a daily chart. Also I want to get $indu, $compx, $tick,$trin etc. In this day and age I don't see why we should not be able to get that. I don't want to switch again because I am happy with the speed. Ninja says it's not them, my broker says it's not them so it must be Zen-fire. Any help with who I CAN complain to would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Tom

Unfortunately, historical daily data is not supported with Zen-Fire as you can see at the link below.

You also see Zen-Fire only supports futures data and no indices data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok,

So I need to get another provider. Opentick closed to new users. If I get Barchart, is their data reliable and really real-time? Also, how does the platform know how to give me a daily chart from Barchart and say my 5 minute from Zen-fire? Thanks, Tom

Comment

Come on Jason,
        Ninzatrader is the provider of the zenfire backfilling.....you could give us
        daily bars easily.
        Thanks in advance.
        Kon

Comment

Hello chartlearner,

BarChart's data is real-time and reliable.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to feed one chart with Barchart's data and another chart with Zen-Fire's data. The first connection in NinjaTrader you connect to will be used to retrieve data. Only if you select an instrument type not supported by the first connection, NinjaTrader will request data from the second connection. More information can be found at the link below.

Trader65, I will forward your suggestion to support historical daily data as well to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

Trader65, historical daily data will be supported with NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Thank you Jason,
              great news ...what about continuation contracts?
              that would be the best news...lol

kon

Comment

There will be some improvements in the area of continuous contracts.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any ETA on NT 7?

Comment

The NinjaTrader 7 beta version is expected to be released the first quarter of 2009.

Comment

Jason, so if I have barchart for data, then my dom will be fed with that data also? I was told I can have a barchart for chart data and ZenFire for my dom. I just wish it was easier to get the data I need and still have the speed of Zen-fire for execution.

Comment

Correct, the first connection you connect with in NinjaTrader will feed the application with data. Only if you select an instrument type not supported by the first connection, NinjaTrader will retrieve data from your second connection.

If you use the BarChart - Zen-Fire sequence, you will always request data from BarChart. This sequence will allow you to receive data you need and execute through your broker using Zen-Fire; you use the Zen-Fire feed to connect to your account at your broker.

Comment

Historical Data

Jason

I've searched all over and can't find any way to get Historical Minute data for the S&P and Dow eminis going back 4 or 5 years.

Bar Chart says only about 1 year and Esignal just told me 120 days worth only. ZenFire is a little over a year.

Is there any place to get the data, since I really want to test my strategy back more than 1 year for live trading.

Thanks,
                          Dan M

Comment

Try these guys?

买域名找4.cn-angel.+地球angel4cn
                            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Give anfutures a try (http://www.anfutures.com). You can get minute and/or tick data for all the eminis, the EuroFx and YenFx. No mini-Dow. Minute data goes back to 1998-99 and tick data back to 2003.

Anyway, VitaminC on this board developed a nice command-line program to convert the Anfutures data into NT-importable goodies. Anfutures also has a free data converter that can convert the tick to minute and vice-versa. Their prices are very reasonable IMO.

The problems with this are thus:
                              1. It takes a LONG time to reformat, import one three-month contract at a time and then individually merge them to the frontmost contract in NT. You have to repeat the process for minute and tick data. You still don't have daily or weekly data after that.
                              2. Even if you want to go the distance with this process, I don't see a way of importing data older than a year - the older instruments (eg. ESH06) simply do not show up as choices in the import dialog in NT. (note to Ninja - could this be easily fixed?)

I am looking for a hysterical data provider since Tradestation Securities gave me the heave-ho with one day's notice, for having the audacity of living in Alberta. I am a small-lot trader and I would love to be able to use NT for backtesting and not have to fork over $300/month just for good data and a crappy charting program, but that seems to be the going rate.

I'm not *****ing about NinjaTrader mind you. It has to be the best value of any charting platform out there, not to mention I can trade futures and forex with a FREE data feed. But if I could get it to quickly gobble up a few years of tick and minute data and have it show me a continuous contract, that would be heavenly.

KD

Originally posted by P51 View Post
                              Jason

I've searched all over and can't find any way to get Historical Minute data for the S&P and Dow eminis going back 4 or 5 years.

Bar Chart says only about 1 year and Esignal just told me 120 days worth only. ZenFire is a little over a year.

Is there any place to get the data, since I really want to test my strategy back more than 1 year for live trading.

Thanks,
                              Dan M

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gbourque  
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
                              1 response